40 X ???

C

CHeetahman

Whats the general opinion over a 40 Xb $1,000 or a blueprinted model 700 in same caliber for $700. I have heard the 40x actions are hard to beat, never had one but they are a factory action just like the wally world specials, I am leaning towars the blueprinted 700

CHeetahman: If the 40XB has "low miles" on it and its in a caliber you really want then I say go with it!
No, 40XB Rifles are not the most accurate Rifles in the world but I have owned quite a number of them (and just bought another one last week!) and I have been VERY pleased with the accuracy of every one I have ever owned or fired!
I have several trued Remington 700's as well - they were put together by some very experienced Riflesmiths and I am happy with them as well, accuracy wise!
For percentage of return on your investment dollar the 40XB will have a higher percentage of invested monies returned to you should (when) you sell it.
Look the 40XB over with a bore inspection tool to make sure the barrel is as represented/advertised!
Remember the 40XB has an externally adjustable trigger - in other words you can change it without having to remove it from the stock to get at the trigger.
Best of luck with whichever you choose.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Alpine or Predator action build!

Whats the general opinion over a 40 Xb $1,000 or a blueprinted model 700 in same caliber for $700. I have heard the 40x actions are hard to beat, never had one but they are a factory action just like the wally world specials, I am leaning towars the blueprinted 700

Why not go with a real precision action.............................

Call Jerry Stiller about his Predator action and build yourself a REAL shooter and LOOKER ..! You WON'T be dissatisfied!
www.viperactions.com

Also

Equally as WONDERFUL are the Alpine action from Jim Borden...!
http://www.bordenrifles.com/Alpine 10X 2/index.html
http://www.bordenrifles.com/

Both Jim and Jerry can assist in advising your build or build it for ya!
BEST money spent my friend and it WILL peform as it SHOULD..!

cale

Then there is the blueprinted 40-X action stuffed into a MAK tube gun sleeve, with any super duper match grade barrel (I prefer Schneider or Kreiger), a Jewel Trigger and whatever other goodies the wallet, or Social Security check, will allow. No bedding, no stock, cool colors, looks real wicked - and shoots superior to all that other clap-trap available today. Why you can even slap on a completely adjustable butt stock or any other AR-15 stock for a lot less than all those crappy fiberglass, laminated or injection molded rifle handles touted today. Nothing like it for splattering furry little buck-toothed critters in between cold bottles of your favorite mineral water.

Back