30br brass forming help

Wjesswheel

So Iam in the process of necking up 6mmbr lapua brass with a K&m 6.5 mandrel, for the first time. Going up to 30 cal with 3 steps. Trying to set up the screw in the bottom of the mandrel to hit the top of the bottom of the case. I am assuming that screw Is intended to be a stop to keep from hitting the top of the case mouth on the bottom of the expand iron . Can't seem to get it figured out and looked all over the Internet for help. All I can figure out is that I need to shorten up the bottom screw since the 6mm case is so short. Can one of you professionals throw me a little help? I can send pics if needed.

Thanks Jess

So Iam in the process of necking up 6mmbr lapua brass with a K&m 6.5 mandrel, for the first time. Going up to 30 cal with 3 steps. Trying to set up the screw in the bottom of the mandrel to hit the top of the bottom of the case. I am assuming that screw Is intended to be a stop to keep from hitting the top of the case mouth on the bottom of the expand iron . Can't seem to get it figured out and looked all over the Internet for help. All I can figure out is that I need to shorten up the bottom screw since the 6mm case is so short. Can one of you professionals throw me a little help? I can send pics if needed.

Thanks Jess

Looks like you have it deduced. ;) RG

Jess, don't worry about the screw that threads into the bottom of the mandrel. Take your time and you will be fine, no screw needed.

What josh wrote....and remember that all you need to do is expand the case such that you can seat a bullet....bent, crooked, slanted, etc... The cases will come out fine once you shoot them. Of course, you don't believe that but I had to say it anyhow. Tell me this because I don't know...can you fireform them with no bullet using a fast powder like folks do with the PPC.

What josh wrote....and remember that all you need to do is expand the case such that you can seat a bullet....bent, crooked, slanted, etc... The cases will come out fine once you shoot them. Of course, you don't believe that but I had to say it anyhow. Tell me this because I don't know...can you fireform them with no bullet using a fast powder like folks do with the PPC.

Yes you can fireform cases without using bullets Wilbur.

Back