28th Annual Firewalker - Northern Colorado Benchrest Club

CubCouper

Rodney Brown
Larry White continued his domination of this range by taking repeating last years feat and taking home the Firewalker 2-Gun, as well as the three and four gun trophies. Newcomer Jeff Anderson from Billings MT in only his fourth match since being seduced to the dark side of Benchrest in July made a strong run at the end but couldn't quite catch Mr. White. Scott 'Woody' Smallwood took the LV Grand to thwart Larry's clean sweep of the grands.

Yardage wins were
LV100 - Larry,
HV100 - Murieal Hensley (with her first teen agg -- a nice .1986)
HV200 - Larry again,
LV200 - Jeff Anderson

Special thanks to Bud Schalles and his crew for putting on another great match and the traditionally fantastic steak dinner on Saturday evening.

20150907_130558-1024.jpg

20150907_130550-1024.jpg

20150907_130435-1600.jpg

Last edited:
Oops on the results... I'll post more better pictures at the next stop... we're rolling down a rough I-80, headed for St Louis!

Rod

"Thanks!"

A really superb Firewalker, thanks to Bud Schalles, his lovely wife, Judy; and his range crew. This accolade wouldn't be complete without commenting on Rodger Tillery's tireless efforts to turn out a perfect steak - moreover, Friday eve before the match, Rodger made a special trip to a distant town to fetch groceries for a "trial steak run" for the benefit of us camping at the range. We were not disappointed. This was a fun match we all have looked forward to...to be capped off here in Colorado by Tom Stiner's "Purple Haze" in early Oct - a beautiful time here in the high country! Did I mention the hunting?

Larry White

Aw shucks. TWern't nuthin. Great shooting Larry. We need to start DNA testing to see what kind of alien you are. I have that certificate for your HOF printed correctly and I'll get it over to you with Taiwan Bob. Kudos to Bud Schalles. Without him, our range would be two saw horses and a sheet of plywood. He is a real hero for how hard he has worked that place over the last 20 years. Weather was perfect, flys were gone, the new facility for dinner worked terrific. One of the best Firewalkers ever. The only thing missing was Dan Dowling trying to melt tennis shoes.

Last edited:
Back