280AI bushing size!

Ackley Improved

Guys

Need to purchase a bushing for the 280AI I have just bought. Need to order dies etc.

It is unturned chamber... looking at using RWS and the Nosler 280AI. Anyone have any loaded round neck sizes on these?

Cheers and thanks for the help!

I went from Nosler to Norma brass and had to neck turn the Norma for my chamber but the Nosler was a very good fit without turning...Point is, they are considerably different, with the Nosler being thinner. I don't recall the ND off the top of my head. I'll check a loaded Nosler round and post the size here later. I can't help you on the RWS as I've not used it in the .280AI.--Mike Ezell

Awesome mate.. that would be great if you could supply the neck size of a loaded round using the Nosler 280AI brass. Curious, reason behind swapping to Norma?

CHeers

Guys

Need to purchase a bushing for the 280AI I have just bought. Need to order dies etc.

It is unturned chamber... looking at using RWS and the Nosler 280AI. Anyone have any loaded round neck sizes on these?

Cheers and thanks for the help!

You need to determine several things. Most important would be the chamber neck diameter of that barrel and the neck diameter of the brass you intend to use with the bullet you intend to use seated in that brass for starters.

Awesome mate.. that would be great if you could supply the neck size of a loaded round using the Nosler 280AI brass. Curious, reason behind swapping to Norma?

CHeers

Sorry it took so long. I checked a few factory Nosler 140 AccuBond rounds and the necks measured .3096-.3098. Jerry's right. Bullets will vary and you need to know the actual loaded round diameter with whatever bullet you plan on using and your chamber's neck diameter. Mine is for my hunting gun that I put together a couple of years ago. I only load up about 30-40 rounds for it at a time to last me for our deer season and some extras for plinking or coyotes. The Nosler is actually a little tight in my chamber. My chamber has a .311 neck. I neck turned the Norma to be .3075 with a 168 Berger for my chamber. Unturned was about .3128-.313. It shoots way better than a hunting rifle should. I went with the Norma because I've never been very happy with the Nosler brass in anything. I changed the load when I went to the Norma brass but it shoots much better now than it was with the Nosler and the load I was shooting...maybe because of too little neck clearance with the Nosler:eek:. Hope this helps..Mike Ezell

I just measured my Nosler brass loaded with the 140 accu-bond bullets, and am spot on with Mike, mine averaged .3096, and just a couple that were larger. It is very good grass to me. Ron Tilley

Back