22LR Rimfire Rifle Shooting Match [RENO NV]

D

Das Capitolin

Saturday 3/26 is the first smallbore silhouette rimfire rifle match of the season! Children 12 and younger shoot FREE, others $5-10! This event is perfect for Ruger 10/22 and Savage MKII rifles or similar. Event details here: http://palominogunclub.org/262/smallbore-silhouette-rimfire-match-description/
PVGC-Smallbore-Silhouette-Rimfire-Bella-Standing-600x337.jpg

Attachments

• PVGC-Smallbore-Silhouette-Rimfire-Bella-Standing-600x337.jpg
    PVGC-Smallbore-Silhouette-Rimfire-Bella-Standing-600x337.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 201
Only one week away before we hold the first rimfire match of the season! Any rifle that shoots .22 LR or .17 HM2 is perfect for this event.

The second match of the season is coming next weekend: Sat 4/23. Arrive by 8am for early target practice and registration, match starts promptly at 9am. Children 12 and under shoot FREE. Spare rifles are available for this event, and ammunition for a small fee.

Hello Shooters:

The second smallbore silhouette rimfire match of the season is this coming Saturday 4/23. Early practice shooting and registration start at 8am, then the match begins promptly at 9am.
To help reduce the time it takes to complete these events, the first 24 registrants will shoot at standard knock-down targets while additional shooters form a squad and fire at the hanging targets.
If you would like to borrow a 22LR rifle that’s dialed-in for the course, I will have a few available along with ammunition.
The weather is supposed to be sunny and warm with a breeze, so it should be a very nice day for shooting. I hope to see you there!

Match Description: http://palominogunclub.org/262/smallbore-silhouette-rimfire-match-description/

PS: the first Short-Range Tactical Rifle Match is scheduled for the following weekend, Saturday 4/30. This is event ideal for AR-15’s and other semi-auto rifles.

Nice job with the kids. One thing, however, that jumped out at me, young kids need proper hearing protection, even with rimfires.

Nice job with the kids. One thing, however, that jumped out at me, young kids need proper hearing protection, even with rimfires.

Eye and ear protection are mandatory for all my events (see the link), and I provide it to children when they don't have any of their own. I'm not sure why you felt the need to add that.

Eye and ear protection are mandatory for all my events (see the link), and I provide it to children when they don't have any of their own. I'm not sure why you felt the need to add that.

Simple, there is no way to tell from your images and even if they're using the foam plugs, those are considered marginal at best, especially for young ears.

The second smallbore silhouette match of the 2016 season welcomed a large number of brand new shooters to our local rimfire rifle event, who were delighted with gallery style shooting and knock-down targets. Without question, a fun time was had by all. Most remarkable was the display of old-time rifles, such as the Winchester model 60-22 with basic blade sights and a well-worn finish, which stayed on-target and never failed the shooter… who posted an impressive first-time score.

Wind was a common challenge throughout the event, with gusts switching direction on shooters between shots. Despite this, scores were still quite high and several competitors improved to earn new difficulty enhancements that will challenge them at future events. Our next match takes place on Saturday 5/28. Please arrive by 8AM for registration and target practice, followed by the match at 9AM. I look forward to seeing everyone back on the range again next month!

Rimfire Match Results: 23 April 2016

Smallbore-Silhouette-Rimfire-Match-20160423_111641-600x338.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Our next .22 match takes place this coming Saturday 5/28. It's expected to be a nice day for shooting.
Please arrive by 8AM for early registration and target practice, followed by the match at 9AM.

Back