223 Rem Reamer dimensions

I am getting ready to order a reamer for a guy that wants to shoot 69gr sierras. Does anyone have some input on freebore length, body size, throat angle, etc.?

Thanks

Brent

at 2.25 most match reamers are still too long...cause of single 75/80's

you are gonna have to tell dave k the same thing and decide if you want tought in the lands or a typical wylde chamber.

mike in co

223 reamer

Brent: I spec'ed out and ordered a 223 Rem chambering reamer form Pacific/Dave Kiff about 1 1/2 years ago. .253" no turn neck, .074" freebore, and 1.770" chamber length. Loaded round neck dia. with Lapua measures .250", that freebore length lets me load everything from the 55 gr. V-Max to the 80 gr. Sierra MatchKing to touch the lands, with plenty of full dia. bullet seated into the case neck. Keeping my brass trimmed to 1.760", so the maximum gap in front of the case mouth is only .010", not the .035" to .040" that you could get if not specified. Have chambered three barrels with that reamer and they all turned out fine. In my son's F/TR class Hart 1-7 barrel it's a winner with the 80 gr. Sierra's. You may want to consider (and he may suggest it) sending him a dummy round with the bullet of choice (Sierra #1380?) seated in a case and he can give you the exact freebore dimension.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered one from Dave Manson reamers:
http://www.mansonreamers.com/

I ordered one that is custom with two variations from SAAMI 223 Rem:
.250" neck
.050" shorter throat

I have only done two six pound rifles with the reamer, and they both shoot sub moa.

Back