222 Remington

P

Pottie

Is there anyone that have a good load and bullets for reloading a .222 Remington.Ill be shooting between 100 and 300 meters.any help will do.

Heres one Neck turned brass , CCI br4 primer 20.5 grs imr 4198 Sierra 52 gr bt bullet,
work the load up from 19.5 grs after fireforming neck size and use the 20.5 gr load. you can sub the
IMR with Hodgdons, Both work fine.

Precission with the Berger 52 gr match grade bullets is good. I have also had very good accuracy with the 40 gr Hornday V Max moly coated bullets. Mostly I shoot 100 yds. My 14 year old grandson won the club match Sunday in 20-35 mph wind shooing the 40 gr V Max tips against the 6 PPCs @ 100 yards. It was his first time shooting off the bench with a center fire rifle. Sometimes I shoot 200/300 but the 222 is wind sensitive at the longer ranges. H4198 is my powder of choice. Sometimes I use N-133, IMR 4198 and Reloader 7. I have been using Fed 205M primers but Win and CCI primers work OK also you just have to adjust the load to get the tune correct. I shoot a tight neck 222.

The 222 is less sensitive to tune than the 6 PPC. And it is easy and fun to shoot.

I use 22.2 gr of H322 with most any good 52 gr bullet. My two 222's like to be seated near the lands. They're wonderful to shoot and are just as accurate as my two 6 ppc's at 100 yards. good luck. Al.

Can't give you the powder charges off the top of my head, but I use TAC and Benchmark with great results. I mostly shoot 40 and 50 grain Blitzkings.

Im just getting started trying to put togather a 222 on my savage but so far im not finding alot of places that do prefits with a reamer for the new lapua 222 brass. I keep hearing the neck should be 251-252 as a loaded round is supposed to be .250. Anyways i ordered my dies , forster sizer and wilson SS seater, and im ordering the brass this week. Im really looking forward to something easier on the ears for hunting. Im thinking of a heavy sporter countour 26"

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Rem. 40xbr in .222rem. with a Lyman 20x all A merican scope. My most accurate load is with the 53gr. Hornady flat base h.p. bullet and 21.2 grains of IMR 4198, CCIBR prim. the next load is the same except for using the Rem. 52gr hpbt bullet that i had bought with the rifle very accurate but getting low on supply.

I all ways heard 222 shot just about anything pretty good. A good 52 or 55 gr bullet & 4198 or Binchmark powder ought to shoot pretty good . Good Luck Max

Back