22 ammo

i have a ?..
if when a fireing pin hits the primer mixture the powder is sitting low in case.if the pin hit the mixture and detinated the powder withthe pin postioned toward the bottom of the actionwould this give a more cositent round to round in performance.?
i have seen where a action was placed upside down on a bench gun to do this.also if you have a lot that shoots perfect scores can weighting each round effect the round consistence also?
i am just asking and wanted to put this out to all of you rim fire shooters.
thank you for your time.
gary b

The Primer is liquid when Primer is put in case !

Liquid primer is spun into the case and is all around the edge of the Rim! It ignites at the same RATE at 1;00 clock ,3:00 ,5:00 ,7:00 ,9:00 11:00 . Most FP`s are at 12:00 or 6:00! Dan Killough ran a FP ignition test several years back that was ran 12:00 vs 6:00 and found no difference in either ! I shoot 6:00 X3L and a 12:00 Flash Turbo ,won many times with both ! Don`t drink the kool -aide ,I personally think you could put the FP at 3:00 or 9:00 and get the same results ! JMO!

>>>> snip <<<<<

also if you have a lot that shoots perfect scores can weighting each round effect the round consistence also?
i am just asking and wanted to put this out to all of you rim fire shooters.
thank you for your time.
gary b

With decent quality modern rimfire ammunition (Eley, RWS, Lapua etc) it is a total waste of time, same goes for messing about measuring the rim thickness. Quality control nowadays means that consistency within a given lot is as good as it gets. Your perfect scores are testament to this.

Liquid primer is spun into the case and is all around the edge of the Rim! It ignites at the same RATE at 1;00 clock ,3:00 ,5:00 ,7:00 ,9:00 11:00 . Most FP`s are at 12:00 or 6:00! Dan Killough ran a FP ignition test several years back that was ran 12:00 vs 6:00 and found no difference in either ! I shoot 6:00 X3L and a 12:00 Flash Turbo ,won many times with both ! Don`t drink the kool -aide ,I personally think you could put the FP at 3:00 or 9:00 and get the same results ! JMO!

Hey Slick,

As you probably know, I was the individual Dan sent the data to and I analyzed it. Although you're correct I found no statistical data that supported a 6:00 pin was superior to a 12:00 pin, I was somewhat handicapped by not being involved in the testing methodology, and in many cases if not most that's as important as the data itself.
Subsequent testing by both myself and Dr Geoff Kolbe did suggest there may be a subtle improvement but it was very small and would require a great more data to prove definitively.

Your observation that it makes no difference whatsoever, I wouldn't necessarily disagree with, but it might depend on whether the competitor thinks a whole season of competition and maybe gaining a single win in a match or improving your agg by a few points is vitally necessary.

Quite frankly, at least at the present time with the data analyses I do have, I wouldn't be overly concerned with where the pin strikes.

Landy

Back