2020 Super Shoot Registration

Wilbur

cook and bottle washer
Shooters,

With Labor Day coming and going and only the NBRSA Nationals left as big matches on the Short Range BR schedule for 2019, it time to think of 2020 matches and getting hotels and camping spot scheduled.

We are experiencing a larger than normal registration for the last Firearms Industry Super Shoot at Kelbly's Rifle Range. Over 50% of entries have been from shooters outside the USA. We are expecting a large turnout over the past several years. If you are wanting a early relay, I would suggest sending in form and fees soon. Early entry does not guarantee early relay depending on rotation request. Of course foreign shooters can pay when they arrive to avoid the problems of transferring money. Many shooters that have not been here or have not been here for a number of years have expressed interest in shooting Kelbly's last Super Shoot.

Those of you shooters that have campers and have had reserved spots, we need to know as soon as you know if you will be attending the 2020 Super Shoot by March 1, 2020 to get your spot. With the crowd we are expecting, all the reserved spots are expected to be used. Those of you that are camping in first come first served camping areas, this is as it states, you can bring your camper no sooner than May 1 2020 if not staying on site till match begins.

To our foreign shooters that have shooting equipment stored at Kelbly's, we expect all equipment to be off site by January 2021. This allows time for you to get your equipment shipped overseas or off to future site of Super Shoot if you are continuing to come to USA after 2020 Super Shoot. I am hoping you will continue to support Super Shoot once it leaves Kelbly's. Of course we can discuss arrangements individually to make sure all is taken care of. Also if you know shooters who have equipment here at Kelbly's and have not been to Super Shoot in a number of years, please let them know they must get their equipment by January 2021. Any equipment left here after January 2021 will be sold and considered storage fees. If you would like to discuss possible shipping needs, please email me at jim@kelbly.com. One solution if you have equipment here and do not want to send back home, I suggest making a for sale flyer to be posted at Super Shoot with items to be picked up at end of 2020 Super Shoot.

It has been a long run since we started hosting the Firearms Industry Super Shoot in 1976 and we want to thank everyone for your support over the years. We want to make the transition to a new venue being run by Wade Hull of Shilen Rifles as smooth as possible. I expect that Wade will do a outstanding job and fresh new management should give Super Shoot new life. I will remain as consultant to Wade for several years, but after 2020 Super Shoot, it will be Wade as Managing Director of the Super Shoot.

Best Regards

Jim

Attachments

• 48th FISS Registration Form.pdf
    182.4 KB · Views: 767
  • atf-f-5330-3d (1).pdf
    43.7 KB · Views: 399
Super Shooters,

After long weekend thinking about the Super Shoot, I have decided to cancel this year’s Super Shoot till May 2021. The new dates will be May 25 thru 28, 2021. With COVID-19 turning the World upside down and quite possibly the worst to hit the USA will be in April this year, I think it is best to just cancel for this year. It is very likely that most travel bans both in USA and from foreign countries may still be in place in May. With the last 25 plus years of the Super Shoot being an International event, we would like it to end at Kelbly’s with the foreign shooters being able to attend the last Super Shoot at Kelbly’s.

I do not feel there is a good time this summer or fall to host the event with all other events in BR shooting being postponed to June to October in the United States and in foreign countries as well. If we would hold the event later this year, it could conflict with other postponed matches and I really do not want to affect attendance at other matches. Our sport is struggling these last ten years and we must support all ranges still holding BR matches.

I want to thank everyone that has contacted me with their opinions on this situation as it was appreciated and helped in my decision. I know I stated in previous email that I would wait till end of April to make my decision, but I felt a decision now was better for everyone to get travel and hotel arrangements taking care of.

I want to thank Wade Hull for working with me on this decision. Wade has generously decided to wait an extra year before he and his staff will take over Super Shoot. I also want to thank St Louis Benchrest Club for helping Wade the first few years of hosting the Firearms Industry Super Shoot.

As far as those competitors that are signed up for this year’s event, we will just keep everyone signed up and with the same requests for next year as you had for this year.

As far as the shooters that have equipment here, we will keep your equipment here till end of 2021 if need be. We can help with export or moving the items to St Louis for 2022. For those that are interested in selling your equipment, I would suggest making up flyers for the 2021 Super Shoot to post on the For Sale board with sale pending at end of competition.

We would like to wish everyone a safe shooting season and ask you to support those ranges that are hosting competitions this year as long as you are healthy. Be smart and be safe.

James A. Kelbly

The ATF form that you show is the wrong Form. But you already know that. The correct form is the one dated 2018 and by next year they might have a different one.

Back