2019 Indoor National Sporter and Three Gun Matches at Piney Hill Va. 16-17 March 2019

tonykharper

The spark is back. It is time to update your bucket list. You need to add shooting a National Match at Piney Hill, Va. to your list.

This past weekend at Piney Hill we had everything one can want for having fun and entertainment.

We had an actual Irishman on hand for Saint Patrick's day. Maurice Hassard. He came across the pond to shoot, and shoot he did. He was right there on top or near the top of every target.

Then we had two guys from the frozen North (Maine). Ken Anderson and Keith Royal. They came to shoot and they were loaded for bear.

Speaking of bears, we saw an actually bear feeding in an open corn field near the range. (I told you we had everything).

But the big news is about the shooting. This weekend was billed to be a big scoring match. Thought was with all the better ammo available the scores would go through the roof.

The ghost of turkeys past put a halt on that idea. (the building we shoot in at Piney Hill was used to raise turkeys before it was converted).

Only one potential record was broken. Both Maurice Hassard and Bruce Hornstein shot 250 20X cards at meters.

On Saturday it was the Bruce Hornstein show. Bruce shot well all day and won the 2019 IR 50/50 Indoor Sporter Nationals with Ken Anderson second, follow closely by many others.

Sunday at the Three Gun Nationals early it looked like it could be a repeat of Saturday. But then an unfortunate mistake occurred to both Bruce and Ken.

When they made that one mistake, blood was in the water and everyone turned it on. But none more so than Keith Royal. Keith saw his chance and took it.

When the smoke cleared Keith Royal was crowned the 2019 IR 50/50 Indoor Three Gun Nationals Champion.

In case you don't know Keith is a Match Director and all around great guy, not to mention his shooting skills.

Make plans now to shoot IR 50/50 this summer. It will be fun!

TKH

Ken & Keith

Congratulations to you both, great shooting!
Sounds like Keith, you were hiding in the shadows just waiting
to pounce and when it happened you were there!!! Congratulations!!!
Pete

Tony, you're so right about the great weekend we all had down there. Lots of laughs & great competition.
Ken & I didn't have very high expectations going into it but knew the weekend would be fun nonetheless. Its the great friendships that make the trip worth the long drive. For us to have done well was a huge bonus.

Pete, thanks! Yours & Penny's (Ken's) old sporters were awesome this weekend!

I'd like to thank Chris & Vicki for running another awesome match. Everything went as smooth as silk. Also to all that came thanks for the camaraderie & great competition. It makes the long drive an easy decision.
Also thanks to Jason for all he's doing. There did seem to be a little more enthusiasm which bodes well for all of us!

Keith

Ray Hill

Congrats to both Keith and Bruce. I sure would have liked to be at
Piney Hill just to watch you to guys shoot Ya the best
Ray

Back