2017 Eastern Region Tentative Group Schedule

Lee Hachigian

Tentative Eastern Region’s 2017 Group schedule.

4/22 - 4/23: WWCCA, MI - Spring Tune-Up
4/29 - 4/30: Holton, MI - President’s Cup
5/6 - 5/7: Fairchance, PA - Hog Roast
6/10 - 6/11: WWCCA 1st Annual Lowell Hottenstein Memorial
6/24 - 6/25: Shelby County, Sidney, OH - Briar Hail Memorial
7/8 - 7/9: Holton - Michigan State Championship
7/22 - 7/23: Kane - PA. State Championship
8/5 – 8/6: Holton Summer Match (tentative date)
8/19 - 8/20: Chippewa August Match (tentative date)
9/2 - 9/4: Fairchance, PA - Eastern Region 3-Gun Championship LV/HV/UNL
9/18 – 9/23: Fairchance, PA – NBRSA Group Nationals (tentative based on future range improvements)
10/7- 10/8: WWCCA – Fall Classic
10/21 - 10/22: Shelby County - Fall Finale

Lee

At this time, both the Hog Roast and the Union County Memorial match are scheduled for the same weekend. Just sayin...

I stand to be corrected, but you are talking Union County, IBS and the Hogroast which is NBRSA. I could not agree with you more, but how is Jack Neary, NBRSA director suppose to know? I am glad he has the job and not me.

I understand what you're saying. IBS has a tentative schedule posted as well. This probably doesn't effect anyone but the local shooters, but these two matches has always been a weekend apart. I believe it is IBS that needs to move to the second weekend of May.

Hog Roast Match Date Selection Background

Wayne,

The Hog Roast date has been scheduled during the first weekend in May since 2007 or 2008. Never later than the first weekend in May, due to conflicts with the Mother's Day holiday which usually falls on the second weekend in May.

The Weikert match has been historically scheduled during the 2nd weekend in May, whereby we never had any match date conflict between both matches. Now the Weikert match has been moved up to the first weekend in May? I'm sure the date change was done with good reason by Dale and Mark as it's their prerogative without any question.

As you know, prior to '07/08, the Hog Roast match date was previously scheduled during mid to late April, whereby we seemed to always be fighting sleet and or snow weather conditions...

The mid to late April previous Hog Roast match dates clearly were not good dates, based upon the annual cold weather that plagued us during that time in that area. Bottom line, the first May weekend date has served both the Hog Roast and Weikert well for the number of shooter's whom planned to shoot both matches.

I'm very sorry there is a date conflict between the two matches, but, I must respectfully say, the Hog Roast first May weekend match date has been consistent over the past 10 years without any change.

Hope this provides some enlightenment as to the background of the Hog Roast match date planning.

Please feel free to call me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Jack

Cell: 336-542-8711

No argument here Jack, like I said, I think IBS is the one who needs to change things. Being local, it's a shame to see two group matches in conflict.

Last edited:
More NBRSA and IBS match date conflicts

The Hog Roast and the Union County Memorial matches are not the only match dates that are scheduled for the same weekend. Holton - Michigan State Championship and the Camillus Pro-Am Sportsmen's Club are both scheduled for the weekend of 7/8 - 7/9. In the past, NBRSA affiliated clubs have scheduled matches on the same weekend as the Camillus Pro-Am Sportsmen's Club, even when the dates picked had already been scheduled by the Camillus Pro-Am Sportsmen's Club. The Camillus Pro-Am Sportsmen's Club has accommodated this conflict by changing to another date to hold their match. This year, the Camillus Pro-Am Sportsmen's Club requested the same weekend on 7/8-7/9 back in July. This date was the 1st to go on the IBS tentative schedule. The Camillus Pro-Am Sportsmen's Club will be keeping the dates of 7/8 - 7/9 to hold their Pro-Am match. The NBRSA affiliated clubs should take into consideration the IBS tentative schedule prior to making their schedule. We need to try our best not to make these conflicts.

Bob Hamister
Match Director
Camillus Pro-Am Sportsmen's Club

Last edited:
Boop Memorial

Just an FYI on the Boop. Unfortunately, the club scheduled another event on the normal weekend for the match. As of right now, there is no date set for the match. Working on that.

Back