2013 ARA Project Rifle

Cabin Mike

Team Calfee "Big Dog"
What a thrill to win the 2013 ARA Project Rifle. I was stunned and flabbergasted when Dan read my name as the winner of this beautiful 2013 ARA Project Rifle.

I would like to formally thank everyone that had a hand in the building of the 2013 ARA Project Rifle. It is a beautiful piece of art that I'm sure will be a shooter for years to come. All of these fine businesses and individuals are supporters of our benchrest game that are worthy of our continued business and support of their businesses.

ARA for continuing the tradition of the annual project rifle drawing.
Hall Actions for the donation of one of their fine actions.
Benchmark Barrels for the donation of one of their great barrels.
McMillan Stocks for the donation on one of their superb stocks.
KSS for their donation of the Jewell Trigger & Weaver scope w/rings
Mark Penrod for obtaining the donated items and doing a tremendous job of creating this piece of accurate art.

Mark Penrod is a great gunsmith that strives to make every build a work of art that will be accurate and competitive for many years to come. We are very fortunate to have him building rifles as one of the premier gunsmiths of our benchrest game. Thank You Mark for your dedication to detail and quality of workmanship you strive to reach in all of your builds.

I'm very proud to be a member of our benchrest community and have met some of the best people in the World that I call friends. I look forward to all of the major competitions so I can see my friends as well as compete against the best in our benchrest game. Life is good.

Mike Sherrill

Back