20 Caliber barrels and 22 ammo

I'm almost certain, but not positive I've come across this in the past.
If my memory hasn't failed me, I believe it was with .17 caliber barrels and might have been in Australia. Why is was done and what the results were have totally escaped me though. I'd certainly be a little hesitant to try it, but I've done some pretty odd ball stuff over the years.

Landy

I just sold a take off barrel in 204 ruger for that use The fellow has a reamer that has a long tappered throat that allows the use of 22lr in the 204 barrel
My understanding idea originaly from a Australian company sold extruder barrels shooting 22lr in 17 caliber barrels

I just sold a take off barrel in 204 ruger for that use The fellow has a reamer that has a long tappered throat that allows the use of 22lr in the 204 barrel
My understanding idea originaly from a Australian company sold extruder barrels shooting 22lr in 17 caliber barrels

Yup, "extruder barrels" rings a bell, and it's good to know my memory hasn't failed completely. Now if I can just remember where I put that cold beer I opened before I started typing this.....I'm "Golden"! LOL

Landy

A friend and local gunsmith has one he built a couple of years ago and shoots it at the county range. He is still trying to get it sorted out I believe.

Back