1st Middle Tennessee rimfire match at Strategic Edge

R

RegisG

The first rimfire match at Strategic Edge is set for March 19th at 9:00am
This first match will have a tactical and a benchrest part. You can shoot either or both
Benchrest will shoot 3 different 50 yard targets: ARA, IR50/50, and IBS-50
Tactical will have a mix of paper, silhouette, and 3D targets from 25 to 150 yards.

For this first match only, tactical will be shot from the benches.

Entry fees are:
Age 11-17 $10 each for Tactical and Benchrest (prizes awarded in each division for 1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Age 18 + $20 each for Tactical and Benchrest (cash prizes awarded in each division for 1st, 2nd, 3rd)

There will be a $5 non-member fee for the day

Any money remaining after prizes and target expenses will go to youth training program.

For directions, go to http://www.strategicedge.us/about-us

Feel free to ask questions here also or PM me.

Regis

Last edited by a moderator:
is anything "registered" or just shooting targets...for money?

Nothing is required except to come out and shoot. AND, try to find out what type rimfire shooting is wanted. As the range improves rimfire areas, it is important to find out what folks want to shoot: benchrest, tactical, or silhouette. So, we're having a day to find out what is wanted and if there is enough people that will regularly participate in one or more of these. Hence, a mixture of targets and styles. My experience is in benchrest but, I couldn't find any ARA or IR 50/50 close to middle Tennessee. On the benchrest side, if we have enough folks to get started, then we (the shooters) can decide what group to align with and organize that way. Hopefully there are enough people in one or more of these areas (benchrest, tactical, or silhouette) that want to compete and grow the sport.

Regis

NRA smallbor f class

I know several shooters interested in the NRA smallbore f class matches.Fired prone at 50 and100 yards.Do you intend to hold any matches similar?

The first rimfire match at Strategic Edge is set for March 19th at 9:00am
This first match will have a tactical and a benchrest part. You can shoot either or both
Benchrest will shoot 3 different 50 yard targets: ARA, IR50/50, and IBS-50
Tactical will have a mix of paper, silhouette, and 3D targets from 25 to 150 yards.

For this first match only, tactical will be shot from the benches.

Entry fees are:
Age 11-17 $10 each for Tactical and Benchrest (prizes awarded in each division for 1st, 2nd, 3rd)
Age 18 + $20 each for Tactical and Benchrest (cash prizes awarded in each division for 1st, 2nd, 3rd)

There will be a $5 non-member fee for the day

Any money remaining after prizes and target expenses will go to youth training program.

For directions, go to http://www.strategicedge.us/about-us

Feel free to ask questions here also or PM me.

Regis

I know several shooters interested in the NRA smallbore f class matches.Fired prone at 50 and100 yards.Do you intend to hold any matches similar?

The last match was along those lines as a tactical. We had 2 paper targets at 50 yards, the metal swingers at 50, 75 & 100 yards plus a balloon on pole at 170 yards. Everyone seemed to have lots of fun. We ran 2 classes with gun and shooting equipment cost above or below $1200.

Should be another later this month.

Regis

matches

Viewed your web sight,and looks like you have a great range. What are your shoot small matches,and type of equipment used? Also,info on your long range qualify matches.Did not see dates on your calander for additional rimfire matches.

Viewed your web sight,and looks like you have a great range. What are your shoot small matches,and type of equipment used? Also,info on your long range qualify matches.Did not see dates on your calander for additional rimfire matches.

Working on May date. Many will be at NRA convention on 21st (myself included). Looking at 28th. For tactical type match equipment, 22lr with magazine, scope that you can range well with, and a bipod. Again, there will be a divide between equipment retail price above or below $1200

I post when the date is firm for this month

Regis

Back