10/22's and Bench Rest

joechacon

Here is a gun that ABRA Customs has been messing with. We took a McMillan straight line stock inletted it for a 10/22. It is not a perfect fit but it works just fine.
We bedded front and back, we are only running a single action screw. We took the barrel that I won at the Triple Crown which was a 4 groove Douglas put our chamber in it and chamfered it, and put it to work.

I was able to tune it in about 15 minutes, with our PRX II tuner, after tuning set the flags and the clock started shooting an ARA card.
I was pleasantly surprised from the get go. I thought that I would share some pics of the gun and the card I shot.

Joe

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Joe. Looks like it's got real potential. I forget what all you've been doing with the actions & vee blocks to seek out the most you can. Could you refresh my memory?
Hope you & Lisa are well,
Keith

Actions and V Block

How are you doing Keith?

We are still running the stainless V block, using any of the better actions, Kidd, Power Custom & Feddersen.

We are trying to get more consistent ignition and that is happening. Reshaping the firing pi, which helps us tremendously.
Our chamber is really close to the bolt gun chambers, we are also changing the head space, it does not hurt to chamfer the barrel, so that the bullet
is not damaged when feeding into the chamber. Not to mention we are running barrel, Shilen, Douglas, Mueller, Green Mountain and Feddersen.
As you know, bench rest is a game of crumbs, we have gotten about 95% and the last 5% is the hardest, with these particular firearms there is a lot
more vibration, and that is what we are working on now.

we have got guns, and in wood stocks, which works very in dampening vibration, but we still think that this can be enhanced even more by
using composites. This one is an McMillan edge, and we have another competitor in a striker stock. I think that our last little bit as to do more with
vibration than anything else right now. We have a couple of ideas, but we are only going to work on one experiment at time. Right now it is composite.

We will just have to see what happens.

Thanks for the question,

Joe

Back