10/22 recoil lug

J

jffshooter09

Has anybody tried the 10/22 recoil lug from little crow gunworks? I got one ordered yesterday, curious to see how it works, one of those things you see and think dang why didn't I think of that!

Has anybody tried the 10/22 recoil lug from little crow gunworks? I got one ordered yesterday, curious to see how it works, one of those things you see and think dang why didn't I think of that!

I have no personal experience with the 10/22 recoil lug, however I watched their you tube video which is very interesting and detailed. If bedded correctly the recoil lug should help tighten groups some.

On one of my 10/22's, which is setup for semi-auto unlimited benchrest matches, I installed a "Kidd Aftermarket Receiver Rear Tang Attachment". The way I see it, the two major drawbacks with 10/22 accuracy is the barreled action is held in place with only one small screw, and the stocks appears flex more than that of a bolt action rifle, because of the amount of wood removed (skeletonized) to accommodate the wide action housing and trigger group.

The rear tang attachment, when properly installed and bedded, appears to help stabilize the stock more and reduce the number of flyers, which will kill scores in any match. A word of caution ... to correctly installed the aftermarket rear tang attachment, a small recess must be milled accurately into the 10/22 receiver, and a tapered hole must be drilled on the inside of the action. Not easy tasks, but not rocket science either. There are some very nice photo's of this process posted by Dr. Gunner on RFC. John

Back