x-mas list

tiny68

I am in a wonderful family that likes to give x-mas gifts that the person might enjoy. My in-laws have given a selection of fishing, hunting, and shooting gear. Since they know I am interested in BR, they told my wife to get me some things I want. She of course says buy what you want. I am a self-professed rookie that is just starting to shoot club matches in score and group.

List a couple of items that are $40 or less that a good little boy might want to find under your tree to help his BR game. Needs to be available from Bruno's, Sinclair, or commercial vendor. I have the basics to reload at the range. I like looked at the Sinclair catalog. I am stumped.

Thanks for any tips, Tim

Christmas List

The most VALUABLE tool would be a Wind Flag

Benchrest Christmas Gift Ideas

I am in a wonderful family that likes to give x-mas gifts that the person might enjoy. My in-laws have given a selection of fishing, hunting, and shooting gear. Since they know I am interested in BR, they told my wife to get me some things I want. She of course says buy what you want. I am a self-professed rookie that is just starting to shoot club matches in score and group.

List a couple of items that are $40 or less that a good little boy might want to find under your tree to help his BR game. Needs to be available from Bruno's, Sinclair, or commercial vendor. I have the basics to reload at the range. I like looked at the Sinclair catalog. I am stumped.

Thanks for any tips, Tim

Have Santa bring you a 2 piece bullet puller, or a rifle cradle/rod caddy combo from Hood Custom Products.......Check them out on the home page
@ BR.com

Hoodpress@benchrest.com

I would go for Expendables

Several Bottles of Butches, a host of brushes, and a couple of packs of patches.

These aren't the glamor items, but you darned sure can't shoot without them..........jackie

great ideas

Ok. You guys have helped me out.

Definitely want a copy of Ratigan's book. Check on that one.

Love the 2 piece bullet puller. Check on that one. Does the $18 include the Davidson bullet puller or do I need to order it as a second items??

BBS, brushes, and patches are a great idea I overlooked. Will ad them to an order to Bruno's.

I added a K&M primer seater to the list. Thanks for that PM.

I turned one batch of 30BR brass so far with my K&M tool. I did it in one pass. Ralph mentioned I should get a second tool and do the final cleanup in a second pass for better consistency. The tool is $59 but I will chip in the extra $20 to reach my $40 limit per gift.

Does any may a cheap (under $50) and accurate neck wall gauge with a dial indicator? I am currently using a ball micrometer and it is slow to measure every case.

Thanks again, Tim

Last edited:
Hood Bullet Puller

Love the 2 piece bullet puller. Check on that one. Does the $18 include the Davidson bullet puller or do I need to order it as a second items??

Ask for the 2 pc bullet puller that does NOT need the Davidson. Its a compact tool that doesn't take up much room in your box......

How about Mike Ratigans book? That's $36.75 at Sinclair's.

+1
I bet it would beat all other goodies that cost $40 or more.
It wouldn't worn or damage, too.
Personally, I think it's the most inexpensive thing I have ever bought related to BR shooting and refer to the priceless informations! It's kinda like learning from a Top shooter directly, detail to detail.
....because "BR shooting/competition is about details"...(seb):D
Just my 2 cents.
Merry X'mas there!
seb.

Merry Christmas under the sun of Timor, SEB :D

Today we have snow )chill( 200 miles of traffic jam around Paris :D
That is a real Xmas :D

SEB, are you planning to come to the Super Shoot ? :)

Tim,
If you have a dial indicator you could always use your K&M neck turner, or if you don't you could pick up an indicator at a reasonable price. I don't know if that is the system that a lot of guys use, but I have found it to be very accurate and repeatable.
OR you could ask two (and a half) people to combine gifts and get the RCBS case master gauge tool or the like, and get the concentricity feature, too.

May I also suggest the sinclair action cleaning kit or the combination of the chamber/action cleaning gear that used to make up the kit...wasn't able to find it on their website.
Those would make some nice stocking stuffers.

Good luck and Merry Christmas,
Mike

Merry Christmas under the sun of Timor, SEB :D

Today we have snow )chill( 200 miles of traffic jam around Paris :D
That is a real Xmas :D

SEB, are you planning to come to the Super Shoot ? :)

Thanks you sir, and the same to you...have the Merriest X'mas this year!

Yes, I wouldn't pass the SS 2010!....seb.:)

Merry Christmas

Thanks for the input from everyone. More than enough ideas. Funny how I couldn't come up with any on my own. I guess I am just dream about a new gun too much.

Merry Christmas to each and everyone of you and may you have a blessed holiday season as you set around your..... uhhh.... Holiday Tree????:eek::eek:....with your family. Well is it a Christmas Tree in my house. :):)

Blessings all, Tim

Back