World Benchrest Championship 2011

A

andyd1179

Hya Guys,
Is there going to be somewhere to find out what kind of documentation is needed to enter into the USA, I know it still sometime to go but these things creep up before you know it.

many thanks in advance.

AndyD

Hi Andy,

We will get all the info on our website & out to each countries reps with plenty of time to allow for you to get organised Andy. I will post updates on here as this all happens.

Bill Collaros
www.wrabf.com
President

:DJust come up through Mexico and you will not need any paperwork. You might have to pay the Mexican Federales a little hush money and perhaps bring a small package for them, but you should not have much trouble. If you come up in California they will give you free healthcare and a drivers license:D

Guys,
Just remember the walls to fortress USA are built on red tape and anytime you try and get gun gear in or out over that wall it’s a problem that requires a bit of paperwork.

Last time I looked at the paperwork you need a form from ATF with an invitation from the match you are going too attached.

Peter

Dont forget to go by the local social security office when you get here,just tell them your back hurts a little,uncle sam would be more than happy to provide money for a new custom gun and and some killer ammo:D:D

Thanks Dan & Rlb your advice will be considered :)

I have asked Craig Young to look into this as he handling things over there for the WRABF.

USA entry permits

Andy, there will be some serious paper work required. I will go to the customs people and find out what a man needs to enter with firearms in a few days. The office is in another city from here.

Hya Criag my friend,

Many thanks, I know it will be different for each country but the sooner we get the info we can start testing the water with the local emabassy here in the UK, Just hope we all dont have to go to London for Intereviews :(

Many thanks Mate, can you PM me your phone number as i had to reformat my laptop and lost it.

Take care, AndyD

Andy,
I have heard that getting the paperwork is quicker for some countries and takes forever for others. Australians don’t even need to get visa before they go to the US and I hear 5-6 weeks for the paperwork to come back for us. But if you really want to know, just ask Vince, it’s the same procedure for centerfire guys who go to the supershoot etc.

Peter

Lets Visit the USA

Actually it is fairly easy to travel to the US with approved Firearms and Ammo. ~ :)
Probably the hardest part is getting out of your own country. ~ :confused:

1.) Valid Visa (If Required)
2.) Personalized Invitation to the event.
3.) ATF 6NIA Form approval. (4 to 6 Weeks)

The Visa Requirements for the following countries is basically non existent but I would still check with the local US Embassy to make sure you qualify.
visa-program.gif

I have put a lot more information on the WRB website under Match Tools which I will update as more information becomes available.

http://worldrimfire.com/tools/usa-visit/USA.html

~

Doug,
I had a look at the info on your webpage and for shooters travelling into the US its only 5kgs of ammo and as far as I know that is world standard for all airlines.

Bottom line, if a shooter is planning on shooting all 6 rimfire matches and a bit of pratice that is plenty of ammo, but if your sharing you’ll need to find some extra ammo in the US.

Peter

World Rimfire Championships

I have contracted for Dan Killough to be on site, even if he is not shooting ,to supply Eley ammo and by that time possibly Lapua also. I have already started the process to get President Obama to make an appearance for obvious reasons. If anyone can think of another dignitary feel free to make a suggestion.

Thanks Peter for finding my error!
It should have been 11 Lbs or 5 Kg.
I will correct that today.
It would be appreciated if anyone has any other information that might help a travling shooter to please email me so I can add it to the website.

I have contracted for Dan Killough to be on site, even if he is not shooting ,to supply Eley ammo and by that time possibly Lapua also. I have already started the process to get President Obama to make an appearance for obvious reasons. If anyone can think of another dignitary feel free to make a suggestion.

Well done getting Mr Obama Craig, I take it Mr Calfee was unavailable. As President of the WRABF here is my wish list of US Dignatries but would love to see Bill there :cool:

Hugh Hefner & Bunnies
Oprah
Hulk Hogan
Lady Gaga
Any of the Hilton Sisters
Any of the Kardashian Sisters
George Clooney
Hilary Clinton
Mike Tyson
Michael Phelps
Tony Hawk
& finally pending other committments or holidays; Frank Sinatra, Michael Jackson & Elvis!

Andy the UK winter might have frozen your wires, you mean Lara Croft & yes there is probably a good chance if Brad Pitt comes to his senses & turfs her :D

Back