Wolf primers?

Ftf

Charles, I haven't shot any in matches, but I have shot approx. 600 Wolf SRM's, 22 Lapua, 6PPC, 30 BR, 6 BR and 222 Magnum. All were shot in same rifle, (Rem 40X switching barrels and bolts) except for 222 Mag. 222 Mag was also 40X Factory gun. I have not experienced any FTF's. Some were seated w/Sinclair tool and some w/Lee Auto prime. All performed great and groups were consistent w/205m and Winchester SR primer. I would suspect something w/firing pin. Just opinion. I have never had any problems w/any brand of primer failing. I've had misfires but after examining, I found no powder in the case was the cause. (sloppy reloading or lapse of memory) not primers.
HFV
1. It was a BAT action.

2. The primers were fully seated. I seat by feel rather than a gauge, and then rotate the case 180 & seat again (K&M tool).

3. I have not checked firing spring protrusion, I suppose that's next. But double-struck cups showed fairly heavy cratering. I'll allow that the single-struck cups did look a bit light, so it could be pin protrusion -- 205Ms have always worked, but 205Ms do go off pretty easily.

4. These were the copper-colored cup, recently purchased.

Testing before the match? No no. I will say that those that went off put them in the same place as the 205Ms.

BTW, this was an indoor 100 yard range. First time I've ever shot indoors with a CF at 100 yards. Based on this one match (I know, too small a sample size), things I've heard about the trickiness of tunnels & indoor ranges is true. Of course, none of that affects primers . . .

Back