Winds of Manatee

Buddy Ross

It's almost that time again- to try yourself against the Florida winds!! Annual LV-HV/100-200 group match will be contested Feb 16&17. We pushed it back one week this year, hoping to fool Mother Nature, and not to be having a match on our coldest weekend. Gate will be open from Tuesday, the 12th, on. So, take a break from winter, and come on down! Hope to see y'all there!!!

Buddy Ross
407 448 8393 (text or phone)

Steve, a few years back----

I'm planning to attend this year. First time for me so can someone clue me in on the camping situation?
We went in Mickey's motor home and there was hook ups; and room for all. HOWEVER: the water hose on the ground froze and it was noon before we had water;) Better take a coat cause it do get cold in Fla.

Buddy, the coldest shoot I have every been to (INCLUDING PA Winter League) was the Winds of Manatee in 2006! 50 degrees and a fierce north wind..brrrrr. Then three days later we were at Disney at the water park in sunny warm weather.

Jeff

No worries

Buddy, the coldest shoot I have every been to (INCLUDING PA Winter League) was the Winds of Manatee in 2006! 50 degrees and a fierce north wind..brrrrr. Then three days later we were at Disney at the water park in sunny warm weather.

Jeff

We hope we've fixed weather worries by moving match one week later than previous years. Keep your fingers crossed and come on down.

BR

There would be no shooters..

I have joined the robust club over the Holidays. It used to go away some. Not any more apparently. JT3 , Pam and I will be on the road whatever time Pam gets off work on Wednesday.

Last edited:
It's almost time. We're almost ready. Gate will be open Tuesday, range hot Wednesday. Weather looks like a tourist's dream. Dwight and/or Dana should be there when you get in. Hope to see all y'all there. Really looking forward to lots of fun. Gonna miss Brady, though.
BR

Yea come on down

Looking forward to seeing all you benchresters all primed for the first match of the year. If you need assistance of any kind give me a call at 813-390-1335.
For any first timers if you need any food, fuel etc. you might want to get it before you get to the range we are kind of out in the wilderness.

Excuse Me For Asking But....

Excuse me for asking...but where exactly is the location of the match? I am new to benchrest shooting and it would sure be nice if you listed the address (even though the 'regulars' know where the shoot is). I just might go to it if I only knew where it was.

Excuse me for asking...but where exactly is the location of the match? I am new to benchrest shooting and it would sure be nice if you listed the address (even though the 'regulars' know where the shoot is). I just might go to it if I only knew where it was.

Bradenton, Fl; where are you? Sorry you missed it- we had a blast. You should have called me(see OP). Maybe next year.

Back