Winds of Manatee

dave - i knew you would have been farther ahead to have tossed a match. had a flood in the barn as a kid, so i know.
dwight- still trying to find a place for her horse. got mine turned out. what is the name of the rd you turn north on?

Jim Casey

Thought I would put this back to the top in aswering your question I finally saw on my email about what happened to me. I haven't been on here for a long time because my wife left me and took the computer but left me the last 4 kids to raise. So my shooting could be on hold until my retirement at 80. I did buy a new rife, and if she comes back in time, we will be at the Manatee (weather permitting). I don't have a trailer yet but if we can figure out sleeping, I would like to come early. I will probably have to bring my 3 youngest for some beach time. If anybody has a trailer to pull to the range to rent me I would be interested. Johnnie

Ray

I assume you are talking about the road off of HWY 64. That would be Logue Road. There is a sign for the range on your right as you head east on 64 then look for Logue on your left.
If I have time I will hang some catfish from a tree at the corner so someone from Arkansas can find their way. Have a safe trip.

thats it

aw nice of ya - to hang the catfish. i will just roll the window down and sniff.
the trip is usually ok after i dodge the bullets in memphis. if we leave early we get through before the gang bangers wake up.

Weather for Match

Just checked the 10 day forecast. Looks like cooler weather next week- lows 40/50's, highs 60/70's. Should be warm and sunny for the match next weekend. Hope to see ya'll there.
BR

Just checked the 10 day forecast. Looks like cooler weather next week- lows 40/50's, highs 60/70's. Should be warm and sunny for the match next weekend. Hope to see ya'll there.
BR
What have I been telling y'all? Probably the first snowfall in that area in the last 150 years. ;)

Will we be using the front range or the back range, Buddy?

What have I been telling y'all? Probably the first snowfall in that area in the last 150 years. ;)

Will we be using the front range or the back range, Buddy?

NO, NO!
You got it wrong Mr. Coleman. NOT 40/50 Below. Above! Above!

From what I've been reading her about the blizzard stories, this will be shirt sleeve weather for most folks.

I believe, I believe!
Don:cool:

NO, NO!
You got it wrong Mr. Coleman. NOT 40/50 Below. Above! Above!

From what I've been reading her about the blizzard stories, this will be shirt sleeve weather for most folks.

I believe, I believe!
Don:cool:
You ain't funning me, are you? I've been there and have been cold every trip. Them people just don't put all the numbers on their thermometers.

PS: It's 'Mickey'....as in M-O-U-S-E ;)

You ain't funning me, are you? I've been there and have been cold every trip. Them people just don't put all the numbers on their thermometers.

PS: It's 'Mickey'....as in M-O-U-S-E ;)

OK. Mickey it is.
Actually, I've lived in south Florida so long that I wear a sweater when the temperature plummets to 65°F. But most folks coming down out of the snow seem to think that 40/50°F isn't so bad.
I'm glad that you're coming, despite the chill. Look forward to meeting you and all the other folks I only read about on this forum. Maybe we'll all get lucky with the weather.

Don

A Balmy 26

It got up to 26 here yesterday so we opened the doors and windows. That's 42 degrees warmer then two days ago.

Mike
Harrison, Michigan

OK. Mickey it is.
Actually, I've lived in south Florida so long that I wear a sweater when the temperature plummets to 65°F. But most folks coming down out of the snow seem to think that 40/50°F isn't so bad.
I'm glad that you're coming, despite the chill. Look forward to meeting you and all the other folks I only read about on this forum. Maybe we'll all get lucky with the weather.

Don
Buddy has chosen to ignore me and he will pay the price. Maybe you can tell me if we're using the front range or the back range for this match. Last time I was down we used the first one but I've heard they've moved us to the back range for this match. Which is it?

Buddy has chosen to ignore me and he will pay the price. Maybe you can tell me if we're using the front range or the back range for this match. Last time I was down we used the first one but I've heard they've moved us to the back range for this match. Which is it?

Mickey,
Although I shoot score matches there almost every month, I am not in the club. I assume they are shooting the regular Benchrest area in the back next to the Loading Barn, same as last year. It has 15 (or 16) concrete Benches and is kind of private for Bench rest shooting. Nice range, but they don't call it the "winds" of Manatee for nothin'.
Don

Don,
What was confusing me, and I'm easily confused, was that in an earlier post Buddy said that there was 30 covered benches which made me think of the front range.

I am well acquainted with the winds of Manatee.....beginning with 'Wind Bag' Ross. ;)

Windbag???

Don,
What was confusing me, and I'm easily confused, was that in an earlier post Buddy said that there was 30 covered benches which made me think of the front range.

I am well acquainted with the winds of Manatee.....beginning with 'Wind Bag' Ross. ;)

I gotcha windbag!!! ;-)
We're shooting on the back range again, with 16 benches. This seemed to work out fine last year. Looks like Jim Byram and the gang just about has everything lined out and ready to go. Hope to see ya there.

Headed South

For all of my benchrest friends I'm on my way to Florida. It is supposed to snow 3 more inches here in Kentucky tomorrow morning. I heard from Bart today and he said he may be 2 more weeks before his electricity is restored. So I think I'll take a break from this frozen mess.

I would like to buy 20 pieces of neck turned brass from some kind soul. I will probably be there wednesday afternoon. Can't wait,
Johnnie from KY

Johnnie----

For all of my benchrest friends I'm on my way to Florida. It is supposed to snow 3 more inches here in Kentucky tomorrow morning. I heard from Bart today and he said he may be 2 more weeks before his electricity is restored. So I think I'll take a break from this frozen mess.

I would like to buy 20 pieces of neck turned brass from some kind soul. I will probably be there wednesday afternoon. Can't wait,
Johnnie from KY
Looking foward to seing you. We will be leaving in Mickeys motor home Wed noon--- I am now shooting a .263 nk but will bring some of my old .262 brass thats not too worn out, in case you dont find better

I gotcha windbag!!! ;-)
We're shooting on the back range again, with 16 benches. This seemed to work out fine last year. Looks like Jim Byram and the gang just about has everything lined out and ready to go. Hope to see ya there.
Lord willing, I'll be there some time Thursday. :)

Back