Wind probes

T

tatco

I attended my first match in June. Learned a lot, saw a lot. I saw a lot of folks with wind probes and think it's another item I'd like to add to my "stuff". I have looked into it a bit and have found two that I would like more information on. Gene Beggs and Orlando Wind Meter. Any thoughts , comments, experience, etc would be much appreciated. I'm shooting a 6mm PPC LV at 100/200 yrds. Thanks.

i believe gene is the original wind probes...and an all round good guy in benchrest.
no info on the others

where do you shoot ??

mike in co

Mike I shoot at Cherry Creek Gun Club(the indoor range) and at Ben Lomond Gun Club. The match I spoke of was at Northern Colorado Benchrest in Eaton, CO. I'm on the list at Aurora. Estimate 3 to 5 years to be able to join.

i'm a member at aurora gun club....
the membership list really varies...
one year we loose 200 , the next only 25...
hang in there

they shoot score benchrest in 6 classes
2 are rimfire
three are factory :var, hunter, sniper
and only one is br guns....
third sat i believe.
mike in co
Mike I shoot at Cherry Creek Gun Club(the indoor range) and at Ben Lomond Gun Club. The match I spoke of was at Northern Colorado Benchrest in Eaton, CO. I'm on the list at Aurora. Estimate 3 to 5 years to be able to join.

I bought a wind probe a while back that showed the wind in reverse. Most dam confusing thing there ever was. in other words the wind catch was at 12ockclock but the wind grid and marker was at 6 o'clock. A left to right wind would show a 6 o'clock reading on the grid. I didnt like it. Beggs sure does make a dandy but be ready, they AINT cheap. Lee

Tatco,

I have been using a probe that I purchased from Gene Beggs for about four years now. It turns out to be one of the best investments that I have made, it's very well made, and well worth the price.

Dick

Back