Wind Flags

jim

I purchased some wind flags several years ago from North Wind Flags made by a Richard Storm, Deadwood S.D. I am in need of a flag part now and cannot locate him on the net. Does anyone know anything about these flags and or if he's still in business - contact info?

Thanks

Quick look with Google didn't find a location or phone number. Describe what you need and maybe somebody can fix you up.

Flag part

I purchased some wind flags several years ago from North Wind Flags made by a Richard Storm, Deadwood S.D. I am in need of a flag part now and cannot locate him on the net. Does anyone know anything about these flags and or if he's still in business - contact info?

Thanks

Can you post a picture of your flag? As Wilbur suggested, somebody may have a suggestion for a fix.

Glenn

Thanks for the info. The flags I purchased from Mr. Storm are a ball type with a stand similar to what a musician would place their sheet music on. The stand has a rod insert that can be raised or lowered to change the height of the flag. This rod has a metal top tip on it which is used to mount the flag on.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. The flags I purchased from Mr. Storm are a ball type with a stand similar to what a musician would place their sheet music on. The stand has a rod insert that can be raised or lowered to change the height of the flag. This rod has a metal top tip on it which is used to mount the flag on.

Thanks.
Sir, that doesn't tell us what we need to know to help you. Most commercial stands have a 1/4"X20 threaded stud on top. Most stands then have an adapter screwed to this stud that will either have a pin that your flag sits on or a drilled hole to accept a pin protruding from the pivot of your flag.
If a pin, what size is it?
If another part is needed, what is it?

Thanks.

If the flag in the picture is similar to what you have, let us know what part/section needs to be replaced. Disregard if you've already gotten an answer.

BgNhw53.jpg

Glenn

Yes my wind flag looks very similar to the one pictured! I have attached (I hope) a picture of one of my flags. The part I'm missing is the rod that fits inside the base - dimensions of the rod are as follows;

17.5 inches - overall rod length minus pin

.430 inch - rod diameter

.190 inch - pin diameter

Thanks!!

Attachments

• wind flag.JPG
    wind flag.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 256
Yes my wind flag looks very similar to the one pictured! I have attached (I hope) a picture of one of my flags. The part I'm missing is the rod that fits inside the base - dimensions of the rod are as follows;

17.5 inches - overall rod length minus pin

.430 inch - rod diameter

.190 inch - pin diameter

Thanks!!

OK,that info helps. It appears that your top spindle is 3/16(Guessing). Instead of trying to replace a section of the tripod, you may be best served by replacing the entire tripod. Go to this site. look around and see if you can find a tripod that will work with your flag. Some modification may be required. Not a big deal for a Benchrest shooter:)

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=folding+music+stand&ref=nb_sb_noss

Glenn

Glenn, I don't think a new flagstand will have the 3/16" post or pin on top. If I'm reading this properly he will need the part that attaches to the post with the 3/16 or .1875 pin.

All of the tripods advertised in the link I provided will have to be modified to work with the OP’s Flag. I thought I mentioned, “with some modification”, I’m confident the OP can figure it out. Heck,I did. took me about 30 minutes.

The OP is welcome to PM me and I will share what I did to make it work. or I will give him one of mine, that’s been modified with a 3/16 rod at the top. The only cost is shipping. Cant let a broken wind flag tripod get in the way of the fun.

Glenn

Last edited:
All of the tripods advertised in the link I provided will have to be modified to work with the OP’s Flag. I thought I mentioned, “with some modification”, I’m confident the OP can figure it out. Heck,I did. took me about 30 minutes.

The OP is welcome to PM me and I will share what I did to make it work. or I will give him one of mine, that’s been modified with a 3/16 rod at the top. The only cost is shipping. Cant let a broken wind flag tripod get in the way of the fun.

Glenn

You're a good man Glenn. You beat me to it.

Back