Winchester M70 gunsmith

G

GaryC

I have a winchester M70 stainless classic 7mm rem mag and a new factory contour 7mm 1:9.5 twist Brux barrel that just the UPS man just delivered today. Brux delivered it three weeks earlier than promised and Norm was a pleasure to deal with on the phone.

Now I need a good gunsmith to mate the two together. Precision gunsmiths are everywhere that'll work on a remington M700 but someone who'll give the full accuracy treatment to a M70 is harder to find. I'm not looking for someone who's just going to face the action, lap the lugs and call it good. I want someone who'll do a full on truing of the M70 action and a super high quality chambering job. I fully realize that most will say it's not needed for a hunting rifle, but it's what I want.

Any recommendations for a gunsmith who specializes in truing M70 actions and precision barrel jobs?

I would contact Jim Kobe at jkob60@msn.net. He is a member of this forum, does a lot of Mod. 70 work and is a member of the American Custom Gunmakers Guild. Jim is finishing up a stock and rust bluing on one of my rifles.
Butch

Greg

You don't say where your from. There might be someone in your area.

Gre-tan rifles does work on Winchesters.

Hal

Try Alan............

Warner at Warner Tool Co....603-352-9521 I guess its warnertool.com may be his site. Look at his sights on the site and see whether or not he's qualified :D His charges are reasonable, too.;)

Back