Wilbur

alinwa

oft dis'd member
Wilbur I've noticed a few trolls on the board of late, people or bots trying to ask relevant questions while obviously having zero interest or actual experience. Desy252 for instance still has a post on the airgun board.

My question is, WHAT are they? What are they looking for? Is there a danger in acknowledging them? I can't really see a link between a post and a reply (not like answering an email)

In other words, "What's Their Function???"

And Desy252 IF YOU ARE REAL AND SHOOT A GUN please accept my apologies for using you as an example :)

I know...and then I don'[t know

Sebastian is a spammer....that's the easy part. Desy252 is suspect and given that all the posts are within the same time frame it's even more suspect. We're having an extreme problem with those popups on Apple products so I'm leaving Desy252's posts for now.

However, I understand your question and the answer is that I simply don't know. There was a time that I thought I knew but probably didn't.

I don't know how you can keep up. It would drive me crazy. Have you considered making the forum private to the extent that permission has to be given before membership is accepted? I know zilch about this stuff, but that would seem to be a reasonable solution to keep out the riffraff.

My question is, WHAT are they? What are they looking for? Is there a danger in acknowledging them? I can't really see a link between a post and a reply (not like answering an email)

In other words, "What's Their Function???"

One possible explanation. Run up some kind of a post count before attempting to "sell" something.

I don't know how you can keep up. It would drive me crazy. Have you considered making the forum private to the extent that permission has to be given before membership is accepted? I know zilch about this stuff, but that would seem to be a reasonable solution to keep out the riffraff.

Which folks would you choose and which not? A rhetorical question for sure!!

Nothing here

I haven't had any thing come up .
I'd like to say this is still a good info site and my visits are more than the posts.
Merry Christmas to all that keep this site going and Thank you.
Tom J.

Back