Why have a RB/LP/RE with no ejector???

tiny68

I am still figuring what my first true point blank BR rig is going to be. It is going to have to be like a Johnny Cash song, "I got it piece at a time... but it cost me a pretty dime"... Looking to purchase the action first. I have noticed a couple of new actions on different forums - both Kelbys and Bats that where RB/LP/RE but they have no ejector... Why get an action LP/RE with no ejector? That seems to make it a two handed process (pull brass with right and load with left).

No I never own a custom action and have only shot RB/RP.

Just need some insight from those that know. Thanks, Tim

Please show me a link to RB/LP/RE no eject action ad it simply makes no sense as that would mean Right Eject/No Eject. I simply cannot imagine how this could be anything but an error.

Kelblys and Bat both charge extra for their ejection ports when you do not want to eject back through the port you loaded into. The acton you describe would probably more appropriately be billed as RB//LP/RE with broken ejector.

Dick

Last edited:
Please show me a link to RB/LP/RE no eject action ad it simply makes no sense as that would mean Right Eject/No Eject. I simply cannot imagine how this could be anything but an error.

Dick,

I thought I saw this on the 6mmbr forum classifieds a few weeks ago but I can't seem to locate it. All I see now is a Kelby's RB/RP action with no ejector. Made I have confused two different ads. It didn't make since to me either, which is why I posted the question. Thanks for your insight, Tim

Last edited:
Can you show us one of those ads? All I can find from Jim Borden is a add for a RBLPRE action, and it for sure has a ejector even if he hasn´t written it. It´s kind of obvius.

Tiny, are you interested in a drop port rather than an eject?
I think S&S Precision reported the ability to do the drop port conversion on Panda's that are not yet glued in.
Was on 6mmBR awhile back.
Just another option.
Centerfire

Can you show us one of those ads? All I can find from Jim Borden is a add for a RBLPRE action, and it for sure has a ejector even if he hasn´t written it. It´s kind of obvius.

No, as I stated in the thread above I didn't find it when I looked. I make have seen one like this one below for a Kelby action which is a RB/RP and it makes since. I could have swore I remember one being RP/LP/RE with no ejector, but I can't locate it.... I'll keep looking to prove or dis-prove that I am going crazy... :(

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/index.php/topic,3773426.0.html

Many of the good deals you can find on used rifles are available simply because ejectors were not very popular in BR rifles until last 10 years or so my first 6 custom actions I owned had no ejectors but 3 Stolles had dual ports so I could push empty case out one side wile inserting new cartridge into action.

The right eject port would allow one to reach in with the right hand, grab the case and remove it, while feeding a new cartridge from the left ... I guess.

I have one of the RB RP RE Panda actions. The confusing part is that Kelby's build the ejector into the bolt rather than one that is stand alone in the action. If interested, send the bolt with a hundred dollars to Kelby's and they will convert it for you along with a new bolt stop. Check with Kelby's, it may be more by now.

Kelbly's builds two types of ejecting actions. One with a typical spring loaded ejector in the bolt and one with a passive ejector in the bolt that is pushed against by a piece in the action as the bolt is drawn back so far and ejects the round. This new type of ejector is very sensitive to consistant bolt function, to hard and it'll throw it to the next bench and two lite and it'll leave it in the action. Some like them, some don't.

Hovis

Back