Who sells Sighter Cam for a Hart Rest?

The Joystick thing is not working for me so I want to go back to bag squeezing but I cannot find my sighter cam. Why it is not on the rest is a mystery to me. Quite possible that I gave it away. The one I had was from Skip. Does anyone know who might be selling sighter cams these days?

Thanks,
Earl

Sinclair calls it a speed screw. If you do a search for speed screw it will show up. Sorry should have said that before.

Sinclair calls it a speed screw. If you do a search for speed screw it will show up. Sorry should have said that before.

Speed Screws and the Dunrud Sighter Cam are two different pieces of equipment. With the cam you flipped a lever and you were either on the record target or the sighter. I don't believe the cam is made by Mr. Dunrud anymore.

Note: A search pulled this up: "Tom Dunrud at Accura Tool and Engineering at 218-894-2245. Don't know that Tom ever distributed the cam, just sold them himself. I own 3 and they are the best cam ever made." Might give it a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Joystick thing is not working for me so I want to go back to bag squeezing but I cannot find my sighter cam. Why it is not on the rest is a mystery to me. Quite possible that I gave it away. The one I had was from Skip. Does anyone know who might be selling sighter cams these days? Thanks, Earl

Try Tom Dunrud at Accura Tool and Engineering at 218-894-2245. He made the Dunrud Sighter Cam. The person I just spoke to said they might still have a few stashed away somewhere. As I recall from my many years ago inquiry, attaching it to a specific rest might require a modification to either the rest or the cam. :)

Called Tom. He's got 5 right handed cams in stock. $95 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
sighter cam

A sighter cam and speedscrew are indeed two different devices. You just flip the lever to go between targets with the cam. A speed screw utilizes a very coarse thread so that it requires only a few degrees of rotation to change targets. The Dunrud is not the only nor the first cam out there. The one I had was made by Skip Otto. Skip made a lot of innovations for the benchrest community. Among them were the sighter cam and the raised reticle so you could see the last few flags in your scope.

Francis is kind enough to supply me with one of Skip's devices.

Thanks for the responses

Back