who makes the best reloading dies for the best accuracy?

ok here is a significant issue...he still has not listed the guns..and with 10k rounds to load i some how think it aint just one or two rifles.
yes dillon makes carbide for both 308 and 223..these are not benchrest dies.....so would hardly qualify for "best dies" for best shooting....
now for loading 10,000 rounds...yep they would be a good choice....

so lets go back to my questions and tell us what you are doing...what guns, what type of shooting..

i'm not sure i would even consider doing 10,000 with arbor press bushing dies.....
so speak up..

( wilbur..the clue is to use boattail bullets..ahhhhahh he says)

mike in co

You might want to try this ,fire about 8 to 10 casses 3-4 times ,while only sizing the NK.then send them off to Hornady custom shop.

If the situation involves a one piece die ,of the usual neck dimension, and cases with unturned necks, removing the expander will leave the cases' necks inside diameters so small that seating force would be excessive. The whole issue about expander balls being responsible for concentricity problems has been misdiagnosed. If the amount of expansion is minimal, the axial pull on cases does not rise to a high enough level to cause cases to become crooked. This can be demonstrated with the use of the proper bushing size in a FL bushing die such as the Redding S die, which has the option of using an expander. With unturned necks, if no expander is used, the irregularities in neck thickness, and case to case variations in average thickness result in neck IDs being out of round and case to case variations in neck tension. While these flaws cannot be eliminated with the use of an expander, they are reduced.

go do a search on palma rifle loading. may need an actual paper copy of the austrailian loading process. id was done on a pair of dillon presses.
it is a true progressive loading process....things like a 32 auto die for neck sizing........
but they had to load a ton of 308 ammo for the best guns( in thier class) 7.62x51 shooting 800.900.1000 yds in an international match.

was this the "best ammo" for any one gun no..it was the best average ammo for a bunch of guns.

your question it not truely answerable..the best dies will not hep a single rilfe shoot better if the ammo was loaded for a new rifle and the gun now has 8000 rds thru it.

mike in co

Back