Who is winning the "race" at the Ohio 1000?

7pm

Today is supposed to finish up by 7:00pm..... still shooting

Wind was tough(at least for some of us) today...Lots of 4-5" in LG, with the same in HV(Eric ? shoot a 4.022 in heavy this evening with a 100 score!). I did see an early 2.9XX something in light. Thunder Valley is a beautiful range, but very tricky..Sorry that I don't have any names, but it is a tight race in both class with the outcome to be decided tomorrow on the last two relays...If someone who was there knows the names of the shooters, please chime in...

Wind was tough(at least for some of us) today...Lots of 4-5" in LG, with the same in HV(Eric ? shoot a 4.022 in heavy this evening with a 100 score!). I did see an early 2.9XX something in light. Thunder Valley is a beautiful range, but very tricky..Sorry that I don't have any names, but it is a tight race in both class with the outcome to be decided tomorrow on the last two relays...If someone who was there knows the names of the shooters, please chime in...

Was it Eric Springman?

4" 100 Score

Yes, Eric Springman with two serious flyers. Could've been 2 3/4".

2008 IBS Nats Winners

Danny Brooks
Danny Brooks
Danny Brooks

2 Gun Overall
HG Overall
LG Overall

Gonna get some sleep.
Rob

This must be a typo? :eek: Not Danny Brooks?

The second and third ones must be too! Impossible! :D

Danny, now that's open'n a can of whoop-ass! Nice job.

I'da loved to be there but I had much more fun removing slate from a 3rd floor 12/12 pitch today. More tomorrow I have to confess. I'm sure that being dry will help me forget about it though. What a way to spend vacation.

Smack Down

Good shooting Danny, That's the way to win a national event and make a statement about how good of a shooter you are. From what i heard you were surrounded by top shooters and had bad wind conditions and still delivered a smack down on them. Your the man.

Nationals in Ohio

Not the Danny Brooks that sends me all thoughs E-Mails. Must be somone got the name wrong! Good Shooting Dan.

Joe Salt

P.S. wish I could have been there!

Danny Brooks ..... again!

I leave 1K BR for long range prone for a couple of years and I find out that nothing has changed. Danny Brooks keeps winning Nationals -- this has to be at least his 3rd. Great job!

Congrats,
Jim Hardy

Did he win the drinking contest too? Seen him practice that a few times...:rolleyes:

Good on ya Danny!

I think his Body Mass Index was out of tune to have a "shot" at this AND winning Nationals at the same time. :D

Danny "You the Man"

Danny, Congratulations and well deserved..........

God Bless, Pierre and Jean-Pierre

Danny,

Did you find your body mass index tune on the second or the third harmonic node? How did you know when it was stopped? The influence of human physiology science in long range shooting becomes more crucial as we speak. I've gotta go and get drinking. Great shooting buddy!

Greg

Thank you all.......

.... who worked very hard to put on the event. I would have to start with Tom Sarver, who was worried about making sure that everyone was having a good time and making sure that everyone felt that the match was fair.

The crew in the target shed, Phillip, Ron, Julie, and Jeff. I hope I didn't forget anyone. Steve Sabo kept the match going as swiftly as possible.
And a big THANK YOU to the sponsors who donated prizes in a very lean year.

Congratulations should be given to the other shooters who at the top of the heap at the end also, as they made it a very exciting shoot. With all of the small groups and high scores that I saw, I had no way of believing that it would add up the way that it did.

I also want to thank my spotter in the sky, Ora Lee.

Danny

Back