Which Metal To use.

cdupuy

Gentlemen. I am going to replace the Pins of the Martini Cadet chambered for the Mashburn Bee. I have both W1 and O1 rod I am guessing that the Oil Hardenable rod is stronger.
The reason is that some pins are worn and I do have the reamers to correct the fitting.

Take a look how the block fits into the receiver. The pin does not take the load so either steel would do.
Regards,
Ron

Thanks Ron. I also put an attachment bolt through the frame to receiver and thought that the very little clearance between the falling Block and frame would take some load thus the reason for the question.
CD

cdupuy,
The one thing that I did to my Cadet in rimless 222 (conversion from Frank DeHass books) was to lap the block face square to the bore. I made a threaded stub to align the lap with the receiver & the rifle shoots quite well.

I just picked up another Cadet in 357 mag that I'll rebarrel to something else, but perhaps just a rechamber to 357 maximum would be interesting.

Regards,
Ron

cdupuy,
The one thing that I did to my Cadet in rimless 222 (conversion from Frank DeHass books) was to lap the block face square to the bore. I made a threaded stub to align the lap with the receiver & the rifle shoots quite well.

I just picked up another Cadet in 357 mag that I'll rebarrel to something else, but perhaps just a rechamber to 357 maximum would be interesting.

Regards,
Ron
Ron This cadet is square with the world at the Block and I would not want to lap much as the hardness is not very deep. This cadet is in the hot altered case Bee and is used for Coyote control. The 45gr Sierra .224 @ 3100fps works good.

Back