Where is Roger Van Ahrens?

T

trotsky

I've been a lurker here for quite a while. I am up in Canada shooting benchrest 50yd solo. I compete against myself, ammo testing, with a stock 54.18msed.

The idea of one-piece rest hooked me. Oh oh Big money!

I ordered one 18 months ago, from Roger. We were corresponding frequently, now he doesn't answer.

Did he drop out of the sport?

If he did it will be a tough second choice. I thought his rendition was a masterpiece.

Any used ones for sale?

one for sale on RFC
and your second choice is easy...Pappas Rest (which was my first choice)

No actually I'm still around....

I don't come to this board very often. It's gotten way to hostile here for me and to be honest I just don't care to read it anymore. I still shoot at Factoryville and will continue to do so until I don't have any more shooters. And if last year attendance was any kind of indication of what this year will be like well...... this just might be a short season for me.

And I've been dealing with some personal problems as well as normal production from my full time job. As I still make these rests in my spare time and that has been a very scarce commodity in my life.

But on to the rest of my story... There where some questions brought to my attention about one piece rests. That for the most part sent me on a wild goose chase for the better part of a year. (I love chasing gremlins) even if they where made up in the minds of a few. But that's another story. In my chase of these little gremlins I did find a few things that I could improve on and I did. I still have a few more things to wrap up (production wise) and I will once again be shipping rests. Until then I refuse to send out anything I would even think would be suspect. I apologize to those who have been waiting for there rests, but I'm sure once you get it you will be very happy with it. If you don't want to wait, I can fully understand.

Best regards,

Roger

Hello Rodger, When is the first date for ARA at Factoryville? I plan to attend more matches this year now that the GAS prices are down.

Greg

No actually I'm still around....

Imagine meeting you here. Sorry to hear of your problems. I really hope you overcome.

I've waited this long and am willing to wait further for a chance to have one of your rests. (Remember it is specially dimensioned, but (sic), adjustable?)

Just please give me a date?

anxiously awaiting
malcolm

Schedule I got from Roger lists first Match as March28th, also April 25, May 23, June 27, July 25, Aug 22, Sept 26, Oct 24.

Back