What's with ammo and reloading supplies shortage?

Bill Wynne

I may not be the first to have notice this. Where are people finding reloading these days?

Anyway, what is the reason for the shortage?

Bill

Panic and Greed

With the change in government, the riots and people feeling like they may never be able to buy anything again they swarmed to buy up everything they could in case they might need it someday. What it serves to do is run up prices that will never come back down. Any shooter should stay a full two years ahead on supplies. This isn't the first time this has happened in my twenty some years of competition shooting but I hope it's the last time for me. I'm in fact a full two years ahead at this point.

Pete

panic

I remember when everybody thought we were going to get Hillary the same thing happened. We lucked out and got Trump. The only thing we can hope for is some conservative dems. side with republicans , with all 3 branches if they can get them to all vote anti gun were in trouble. Theres 2 dems. that are conservative in the senate. Lets hope they wanna get reelected. Doug

Before the Hillary scare, it was NO LAPUA 6 BR brass for quite a while. :eek::eek: Everything was back ordered.
When it finally opened up, the back orders were filled and everybody was happy again. I sold my stash for what I paid for it + a few $$ to cover shipping.
Kinda like the toilet paper thing now. The run starts, no toilet paper available and I'am selling corn cobs for BIG $$$$.
As mentioned, prices jacked up and some some folks will make a killing, at your expense. :rolleyes: Those folks are NOT your friends!! Put those folks at the top of your "bad guy" list.

Bill, check your local ad networks. I was able to score on powder less than 30 minutes away on a neighborhood ad. I had to look at a lot of stuff not related to shooting and then bingo! While I was there I asked if he had any powder. He sold me a pound of BLC-2 for $40. was a bit more than usual but I went ahead and glad now I did. Good luck.

Mort

it is pretty simple : politic fear driving sales.
started well over a year ago.
the bad news is that those of us that shoot for recreation on a regular basis are pretty much screwed
IF YOU DID NOT LEARN FROM THE LAST 2 TIMES IN 8-9 YEARS.
I screwed myself by adding 2 rifles that take fed 205 match, ate my supply fast and had to pay at todays prices.
the good news is i was able to sell excess and cover the cost.
common powders are selling at $40 a lb, select powders much higher.

Here in Virginia, our new Governor came in to office with all kinds of gun control bills, and he has pushed some of them through. What is funny is he says he wants to reduce the number of guns and keep them out of the hands of criminals. What he's done is created such a huge demand for guns, ammo, gear, and reloading components, everything is bought up before it can be manufactured. The first panic I can remember is around 2011 after the Sandy Hook shooting, and I got caught with no ammo, nothing to reload, and unable to find any guns to buy. I decided not to get caught like that again so i keep powder, primers, etc on hand.
I wish this would be the last panic too but it seems as though this one is going to last a few years. I hope I'm wrong.

Bruce

it is pretty simple : politic fear driving sales.
started well over a year ago.
the bad news is that those of us that shoot for recreation on a regular basis are pretty much screwed
IF YOU DID NOT LEARN FROM THE LAST 2 TIMES IN 8-9 YEARS.
I screwed myself by adding 2 rifles that take fed 205 match, ate my supply fast and had to pay at todays prices.
the good news is i was able to sell excess and cover the cost.
common powders are selling at $40 a lb, select powders much higher.

Bullets seem to be about the easiest thing to find around here. Once in awhile I find something I can use. For some reason Barnes .25 cal 100 gr TTSX sit around forever, Even found 2 boxes of Wby .338/.378 for someone. I did get a 8# keg of Reloder 26, but cost me $350. A gent north of me was out in AZ looking at retirement places and said he stopped at Brunos. By the time you add in sales tax, shipping and hazmat it could end up costing close to that. I don't sit around constantly checking Powder Valley and others hoping for a score.

Here in Virginia, our new Governor came in to office with all kinds of gun control bills, and he has pushed some of them through. What is funny is he says he wants to reduce the number of guns and keep them out of the hands of criminals. What he's done is created such a huge demand for guns, ammo, gear, and reloading components, everything is bought up before it can be manufactured. The first panic I can remember is around 2011 after the Sandy Hook shooting, and I got caught with no ammo, nothing to reload, and unable to find any guns to buy. I decided not to get caught like that again so i keep powder, primers, etc on hand.
I wish this would be the last panic too but it seems as though this one is going to last a few years. I hope I'm wrong.

Bruce

Bruce, your VA Gov ,a pediatrician,also KILLS, babies after birth.

Youand VA deserve better.

Wow

showing your intelligence
an OBSTITRICIAN is not a pediatrician.......pedi as in on their feet...children.....
Did you mean Podiatrist?
Did you vote for Biden? Have you ever shot a teen? I am sure Jerry has shot many.
Do you shoot Bench Rest?
Use google or buy a dictionary.
My name Bill Greene Greene AKA Trout 863-303-4590 call me and tell me about all your Bench Rest wins.

Back