Whats the latest best

Pete Wass

Electronic powder dispenser? I'd like something more accurate than my old Chargebastard if one exists.

Pete

define your accuracy requirement..

there are electronic dispensers that use an a&d fx120i...0.02

pretty much cover br but do not know if it is portable.
i think the new chargemaster lite is good enough for short range br.

Dead Nuts

is my accuracy requirement. My Chargemaster is old and plus or minus a grain and a half is as good as it does. I only use it to dispense charges that I then trickle up to dead nuts charges on an Aculab scale that reads 2 places. The erratic dispensed loads slows the process down a lot.If I could find something that would stay inside half a grain that would help a lot. Only dead nuts loads are good enough for me.

Pete

There's a kid outta' Canada that was selling what seemed to be a more accurate one over on 6mmBR (Accurate Shooter) a while back. I'd go find it for you but they kicked me out the room some time ago for being mean and unsafe and giving out dangerously inaccurate information.

"you'll shoot your eye out kid"
------------ Ralphie's Mom

it seems to me most sites are "if you hurt someones feelings" you are gone.
forget truth
forget data
forget shooting,
its all about "feelings"

in my humble opinion,
the charge master lite will stay under 0.1, but that is all.
from there it is an integrated trickler to a&dx120i.

There's a kid outta' Canada that was selling what seemed to be a more accurate one over on 6mmBR (Accurate Shooter) a while back. I'd go find it for you but they kicked me out the room some time ago for being mean and unsafe and giving out dangerously inaccurate information.

"you'll shoot your eye out kid"
------------ Ralphie's Mom

Try this on for size

http://prometheustoolcorp.com/

Starting at $3800. "Accurate to the kernel" they state. It looks slow. It says its accurate to within .1 grain. That would seem to be what folks are trying to better. I wonder if anyone here has one?

Last edited:
It's good

that Wilbur is understanding and lenient, INHMO!

I have ample proof that this is an exacting science, this Short Range Benchrest. Anyone who doesn't think so id deluding themselves.

Pete

well you can just LEASE it..
lol
pretty sure the current trickler based .0x scales have that machine beat in speed and accuracy.

http://prometheustoolcorp.com/

Starting at $3800. "Accurate to the kernel" they state. It looks slow. It says its accurate to within .1 grain. That would seem to be what folks are trying to better. I wonder if anyone here has one?

Electronic powder dispenser? I'd like something more accurate than my old Chargebastard if one exists.

Pete

If you're wanting to load at the range, then something like a Chargemaster Lite will get you +/- 0.1 gr. That's way better than the average bear can throw charges; especially N133.

To gain any better precision, you need a magnetic force restoration scale like those offered by A&D or Sartorius. I can easily measure to 1 kernel with my Sartorius Entris 64-1S. But these scales are meant to be used in controlled environments and would not be appropriate for field use. HTH.

Check out the auto trickler by Adam McDonald. Lots of long range shooters are using these. The link has a demo video.

https://www.autotrickler.com/autotrickler.html

For the technically astute/adventurous there's the very similar "open trickler" https://blog.ammolytics.com/2019-04-30/diy-smart-trickler.html which adds the advantage of vibratory, rather than rotary trickling - seems to prevent the clumping problems that result in overshoots.

About $700 total, counting the scale.

GsT

I don't load at the range

A friend has a Prometheus and it will weigh a kernel of V-133. At a cost of $3100. So you will have to pre load into glass vials or preload at home. In the short range game you won,t see any difference in a kernel of powder. He was able to buy his.
My point is buy your self a Chargemaster and be done. I don,t think you will see a difference on the target at plus or minus a tenth of a grain in the short range game. Unless you just have deep pockets and want to waste your money.

Just my 1/2 cent worth,

John

I gave it up years ago. Made too many mistakes and didn't like schlepping all the stuff around. I have a few hundred cases and load at home, whatever I need for the matches I attend. I like absolute control of my loading, to the 100th.

Pete

So, apparently

the answer is NO on something affordable that is better than the Chargemaster. Oh well!
Thanks,
Pete

I have a Denver Electronics scale that has resolution to .01 grn. You can drop two kernels of 133 on it and it changes. But It is useless any place but in my house, away from any air conditioning vents, breeze, or what ever.

I ran a test a month or so ago where I compared 100 charges from my Chargemaster Lite against it, and the Chargemaster Lite proved to be pretty darned close, +- .1 grn.

http://benchrest.com/showthread.php...te&highlight=Jackie+Schmidt+Chargemaster+test

My complaint about the Chargemaster are at matches, they are too slow, even after being sped up. So what I am going to do now at matches is just use it as a trickier. I zero the pan on the Chargemaster, then I set my powder thrower up to throw within a couple of tenths, then set it on the Chargemaster to use the trickle mode. Dump the powder in the case, seat bullet, repeat.

Everybody has their own way of doing things. I do what works for me.

By the way, the Chargemaster Lite has an excellent wind guard. Much better than the standard Chargemaster.

Last edited:
Pete

measure top. I have one of those under my bench :).

Check his site again. He has a new Version 3 Powder dropper that was designed and made for this. He used the Lee at first but has an improved product now. I only bought the trickler at first thinking just as you do, but have the upgrade on order.

I did communicate with Adam via email and he said that he has used his setup at the range. Might work if enclosed and in a building like the Whittington Center.

I forgot, Adam also has incorporated bluetooth capability and there will be apps for android and apple phones or tablets.

Last edited:
Check out the auto trickler by Adam McDonald. Lots of long range shooters are using these. The link has a demo video.

https://www.autotrickler.com/autotrickler.html

Adam McDonald is a rockstar....... that Gavin-The-Goober feller he hired to "represent" needs to take a chill pill

Smart Kid, Adam...... To quote His Majesty B'rak The Munificent "if I had a boy, I'd hope he was like Adam"

Ohh wait, I DO have a boy...... 5 of them in fact...... and THEY ARE like Adam......... must be why I like heem :)

Back