What's in your Pocket?

That's what it takes up here in Maine especially when you go to Wal*Mart to go grocery shopping the first of the month after they hand out the welfare checks to all these Maine farm girls who weigh more than an Army deuce and a half. Do you know what it's like having a dozen of them coming at you in those 3 wheeled motorized carts all heading for the twinkie isle at once? It's either fight or flight and you need all the firepower that you can get. You ever get those emails, the pictures from Wal*Mart showing all these strange people wearing all these strange get-ups and the 2 ton chicks wearing little clothing or Spandex? All from Maine.

LOL!!

Sounds like East Houston.

Those poor carts take some heavy abuse.

For the "Wally World" on I-10 east in Houston, you might need this when the herd really gets moving between the Twinkie isle and the Micke D's.

http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?53250-12ga-Fh-8ga-Fh-700he

LOL!!

Sounds like East Houston.

Those poor carts take some heavy abuse.

For the "Wally World" on I-10 east in Houston, you might need this when the herd really gets moving between the Twinkie isle and the Micke D's.

http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?53250-12ga-Fh-8ga-Fh-700he

LMFAO! Ya Jackie when they let all of those Maine farm girls loose all at once for the twinkie isle it reminds me of those dodge em bumper cars at the carnival. You know how they say everything is bigger and better in Texas. Well you all must of lost a piece of land that broke off and floated east, went around Florida up the east coast and attached itself to NH, cause damn I just came back from Wally World grocery shopping and there was this one big Maine girl that was wider than my old cabover Freightliner grill. Her husband or boyfriend whatever he was, was just as big. It's pretty sad, their shopping cart was filled with all sorts of JUNK. What kills me the most is that they all have their shopping carts filled with 2 liter bottles of diet soda. OMG that just cracks me up!

Last edited:
Top gun in a hip-pancake holster. The lower rides in an ankle rig.

Carry_Guns.JPG

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Lee,

Ooooooo...love me some round-butt Model 66's and 19's. Got one like yours on my nightstand. The round-butt K frame is just about the perfect revolver. Ol' Bill Jordan knew what-the-hell he was talking about.

I've carried a gun every day of my life for the past 28 or so years...and I've carried a few different ones. My favorite, and current resident of my right hip, is a S&W Shield 9mm in a Ted Blocker inside-the-pants holster, filled with Winchester SXT's. It's flat, disappears under a shirt, and shoots like a dream. Another magazine full of argument sits on my port side in a Ted Blocker inside-the-pants mag pouch.

My next favorite is my H&K P7M8. Flat, absolutely stupid accurate, but a little heavy.

Other necessities are a small pocket knife, a Leatherman, and a can of Copenhagen. And my $*^&!@% reading glasses...

Justin

Hate to break the news

LMFAO! Ya Jackie when they let all of those Maine farm girls loose all at once for the twinkie isle it reminds me of those dodge em bumper cars at the carnival. You know how they say everything is bigger and better in Texas. Well you all must of lost a piece of land that broke off and floated east, went around Florida up the east coast and attached itself to NH, cause damn I just came back from Wally World grocery shopping and there was this one big Maine girl that was wider than my old cabover Freightliner grill. Her husband or boyfriend whatever he was, was just as big. It's pretty sad, their shopping cart was filled with all sorts of JUNK. What kills me the most is that they all have their shopping carts filled with 2 liter bottles of diet soda. OMG that just cracks me up!

to ya Jimbo, but most of those fat chicks are from Mass (except for Washington County)...up here to take advantage of the Democrats and their generous welfare benefits. Just what we need....liberal democrats and fat chicks from Mass!!!!

Last edited:
They all ain't in Maine Al

That's what it takes up here in Maine especially when you go to Wal*Mart to go grocery shopping the first of the month after they hand out the welfare checks to all these Maine farm girls who weigh more than an Army deuce and a half. Do you know what it's like having a dozen of them coming at you in those 3 wheeled motorized carts all heading for the twinkie isle at once? It's either fight or flight and you need all the firepower that you can get. You ever get those emails, the pictures from Wal*Mart showing all these strange people wearing all these strange get-ups and the 2 ton chicks wearing little clothing or Spandex? All from Maine.

you need to get out more.

I had the same thoughts about the women I see here in Florida. This is the land of Big Gals. You ain't seen nunthin in Maine, believe me.

Pete

Last edited:
to ya Jimbo, but most of those fat chicks are from Mass (except for Washington County)...up here to take advantage of the Democrats and their generous welfare benefits. Just what we need....liberal democrats and fat chicks from Mass!!!!

No way they are from Mass Greg. You have it all wrong. When Cindy moved up here from NH to live with me she commented that she's never seen so many heffers as in this state. They are 100% Hostess & Little Debbie fed inbread and buttered Maine farm girls no doubt about it.

Last edited:
Lee,

Ooooooo...love me some round-butt Model 66's and 19's. Got one like yours on my nightstand. The round-butt K frame is just about the perfect revolver. Ol' Bill Jordan knew what-the-hell he was talking about.

I've carried a gun every day of my life for the past 28 or so years...and I've carried a few different ones. My favorite, and current resident of my right hip, is a S&W Shield 9mm in a Ted Blocker inside-the-pants holster, filled with Winchester SXT's. It's flat, disappears under a shirt, and shoots like a dream. Another magazine full of argument sits on my port side in a Ted Blocker inside-the-pants mag pouch.

My next favorite is my H&K P7M8. Flat, absolutely stupid accurate, but a little heavy.

Other necessities are a small pocket knife, a Leatherman, and a can of Copenhagen. And my $*^&!@% reading glasses...

Justin

Ah Justin. A man after my own heart. The H&K P series was my favorite all time pistol. Between 1995 and 1999 I collected combat handguns, 106 of them. I use to practice at minimum 3 days a week and I became a pretty good shot with a handgun, but I just loved those P7's enough to purchase 11 of them. The first was the original PSP then a P7M8, 5 P7 M13's, 3 black and 2 nickel. Then 4 P7M10's, 2 black and 2 nickel. When my eyesight changed when I was 45 years old I sold 104 and only have 2 pistols left. Now I'm into buying and shooting benchrest rifles.

Last edited:
carry gun

Had a 45 xd shot good but being crippled I couldn't jack the slide back hard enough to get the shell outa the barrel. Don't have any problems with a 4in. or 5in. slide but couldn't work 3in. slide had to take it outside and shoot it to get the shell out of the barrel. The extractor wouldn't let go of the case. Got a 642 smith now. I can unload it. Doug

Ah Justin. A man after my own heart. The H&K P series was my favorite all time pistol. Between 1995 and 1999 I collected combat handguns, 106 of them. I use to practice at minimum 3 days a week and I became a pretty good shot with a handgun, but I just loved those P7's enough to purchase 11 of them. The first was the original PSP then a P7M8, 5 P7 M13's, 3 black and 2 nickel. Then 4 P7M10's, 2 black and 2 nickel. When my eyesight changed when I was 45 years old I sold 104 and only have 2 pistols left. Now I'm into buying and shooting benchrest rifles.

Jim,

The P7...probably the greatest handgun nobody has heard of. I'd always get strange looks on qualifying days, or a "What the hell is that"? Then I would let them shoot it, which was followed by an incredulous look and a "Holy sh!t"!

Probably the easiest to shoot factory handgun ever made. The bore sits so close to the hand that recoil feels non-existent. Double-taps happen in a screaming hurry, and land like a set of eyes on target. Phenomenal little gun.

I've heard good things about the Sig P210 as well, but have never had the pleasure of shooting one.

I'm curious...you kept two of the 106. What were the two you kept?

And yes...the eyes. Hence my comment about reading glasses. I haven't seen my front sight in a couple of years. I've always shot a true Weaver stance, but last range day, I tried isosceles in an effort to get my front sight a little farther away from my eyeballs. Didn't help.

Getting old blows...

Justin

When I think pocket, I think concealed carry. Here is one which I carry all the time. A Seecamp 380.
No it's not the most powerful, but it's better than going empty handed, and it is small enough to fit in the pocket. It makes a Ruger LCP look big.

Attachments

• Seecamp_Medium.jpg
    Seecamp_Medium.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 164
Jim,

The P7...probably the greatest handgun nobody has heard of. I'd always get strange looks on qualifying days, or a "What the hell is that"? Then I would let them shoot it, which was followed by an incredulous look and a "Holy sh!t"!

Probably the easiest to shoot factory handgun ever made. The bore sits so close to the hand that recoil feels non-existent. Double-taps happen in a screaming hurry, and land like a set of eyes on target. Phenomenal little gun.

I've heard good things about the Sig P210 as well, but have never had the pleasure of shooting one.

And yes...the eyes. Hence my comment about reading glasses. I haven't seen my front sight in a couple of years. I've always shot a true Weaver stance, but last range day, I tried isosceles in an effort to get my front sight a little farther away from my eyeballs. Didn't help.

Getting old blows...

Justin

I only kept a 1st generation Glock 17 and that Para P13. I did have a Sig P210-6 with the matching serial # slide and barrel in 22lr. My favorite caliber is the 10MM. I had a half dozen of them including a Bren 10, and an FBI issue S&W 1076 that I bought from an agent I knew in the Boston office. I think the handgun that I regret selling the most was a ported Colt Defender 3" 45ACP. I use to carry that everywhere.

G43

Glenn, I think that’s a perfect choice!

In Rick fashion, I killed a coyote with mine.. gold dots

Pat could kill a quail, on the wing, at 25 paces with a Glock 43. I need a little more trigger time with mine.
Good to see ya on here Bud.

Glenn

Jim,

Getting old blows...

Justin

Most accurate,Off the shelf, hand gun I ever owned was a H&K P9S,.45 cal.

Glenn

Back