What new products are benchrest shooters looking for

Attachments

• Rest 001.jpg
    Rest 001.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 241
Last edited by a moderator:
Way out west

Here in Hawaii where I live, I would love to attend a real benchrest match.
But that ain't very likely, so how about a video that could explain some of the intricacies, methods and so on?

Or is there one?

Aloha, Les 22N X 159W

Rear Screw Windage Set-up

Lynn,

I did not turn my rest around because I bought a left-handed windage top (i.e. work the windage screw with the right hand). If one already has a top, then you either turn it around, or get the opposite hand top.

This set-up is quite common in F-class. Most windage tops have a 1/4" diameter screw with a knob for the windage adjustment, which is correct for the cable from McMaster Carr. Then just figure a way to mount the end near the rear screw. I chose a cable with a bulkhead fitting and made a bracket. I have seen it done a number of different ways.

One word of advice is that the cable "likes" to be routed in a smooth, constant radius. Otherwise, the cable flexes too much when twisting in the "lower torque" direction.

My wife and I used to shoot off of Farleys, but switched to this set-up. We like this better.

YMMMV

By the way, I shoot F-class at Sac. In fact, I will be there this Sunday. Which one of those Sac F-class scoundrels you talking about......Peter White.

Ted

Back