What is this?

Not sure Wilbur. Pretty sure if you clean it up good you could sell it as a sex toy on Ebay! Good luck.

There's a bunch of gun cleaning stuff, a can of freon, and this THING in the small rubbermaid box - no lid. If y'all don't know what it is, it probably doesn't have anything to do with shooting. The can of freon is another tip that it may not have anything to do with guns at all. I don't remember using freon for anything gun related. Wanted to but didn't. On the other hand, I've had a freon leak in one Cadillac or another for years!

What I'm really mad about is that the lid is missing!! Never mind that most all the stuff in there is dried up or unusable. I did find some clean patches and something that was still wet to clean my rimfire rifle. Was a tough go but i'm pretty sure it will at least fire when the trigger is pulled. I went to an ARA match a couple of weeks ago and it shot four out of five times anyway and always shot on the second try....cool!

Came back to add that when I had to re-cock the rifle and fire a second time I don't remember it ever shooting less than a hundred. This surprised me as in the past I would never, ever shoot a misfire for record. The result is that now I don't know for sure!

Last edited:
There's a bunch of gun cleaning stuff, a can of freon, and this THING in the small rubbermaid box - no lid. If y'all don't know what it is, it probably doesn't have anything to do with shooting. The can of freon is another tip that it may not have anything to do with guns at all. I don't remember using freon for anything gun related. Wanted to but didn't. On the other hand, I've had a freon leak in one Cadillac or another for years!

What I'm really mad about is that the lid is missing!! Never mind that most all the stuff in there is dried up or unusable. I did find some clean patches and something that was still wet to clean my rimfire rifle. Was a tough go but i'm pretty sure it will at least fire when the trigger is pulled. I went to an ARA match a couple of weeks ago and it shot four out of five times anyway and always shot on the second try....cool!

I'm wit' vargetman...... here's a Ford one.

radidraincock.jpg

That's close enough (almost the same) for me! It's a freakin' radiator drain plug!!!

Thanks vargetman and Al!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, it's a BMW radiator plug....Elmer caused this....

Last edited:
How about this thing ?

Found in kitchen drawer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 281
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 246
Wilbur you have whats called a captive drain plug. When you open it the liquid drains out without the plug shooting out into the drain pan. Some kawasaki engines on lawn tractors have them.
Ralph- i cant zoom into your picture good enough to tell what you have. Is there a scrapbooker in your household?

Dusty,
Here are some different pics. Gotta be a cherry pitter, or a peach popper,or a walnut squasher or something like that ?
Joel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 211
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 176
the freon may be a clue?

Could this be some thing to plug an A/C hose while vacuuming down the system? It looks to be made of wood? It also looks to have threads on the end. Maybe you were going to change the compressor on the Caddy so as to have a cooool trip to the Super Shoot? These are all questions I know nothing of A/C systems, so no flames please.

Could this be some thing to plug an A/C hose while vacuuming down the system? It looks to be made of wood? It also looks to have threads on the end. Maybe you were going to change the compressor on the Caddy so as to have a cooool trip to the Super Shoot? These are all questions I know nothing of A/C systems, so no flames please.

It's a radiator drain plug for a BMW. Elmer had a BMW that had a radiator leak and he went through several radiators before he got one he could make fit. Notice I didn't say that they all wouldn't fit.

I hope he doesn't read this!

I'm looking for whatever that is that Joel posted! A casual search didn't turn anything up....

It's a radiator drain plug for a BMW. Elmer had a BMW that had a radiator leak and he went through several radiators before he got one he could make fit. Notice I didn't say that they all wouldn't fit.

I hope he doesn't read this!

I'm looking for whatever that is that Joel posted! A casual search didn't turn anything up....

You should have ask Bimmer Joe Entriken!

Back