what electronic scale

canuck

I have a rcbs scale but looking for one for more accurate loads for 1000 yards and beyond.
Any advice would be much appreciated....

Thanks for the input..Yeah, I was looking for something hopefully under $500. That first one I bet is awesome but just out of my range at least for this year as I just bought a Vectronix plrf 15c rangefinder( over 5K)...
So after checking some reviews I will go with that Denver. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...

Last edited:
I shoot short range and like the GemPro 250 (I don't weigh every charge). For my needs it's a great little scale. You can get them for $150 new and they're accurate to 0.02 grs. Now if I shot 1,000 yards I may buy a higher end unit.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Thanks for the input..Yeah, I was looking for something hopefully under $500. That first one I bet is awesome but just out of my range at least for this year as I just bought a Vectronix plrf 15c rangefinder( over 5K)...
So after checking some reviews I will go with that Denver. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction...

cambridge environmental fx120i under 500 usa beans

magnetic force restoration

as nike says just do it

your welcome

Jefferson

+1 on the A&D FX120i from Cambridge. The Cambridge prices are in Canadian dollars so it's actually under $500 shipped to the U.S.

I did a lot of research before purchasing mine and I believe this is the best value for a high accuracy lab type scale. There is a lot of good info on this scale available on the accurate shooters forums.

+1 on the A&D FX120i from Cambridge. The Cambridge prices are in Canadian dollars so it's actually under $500 shipped to the U.S.

I did a lot of research before purchasing mine and I believe this is the best value for a high accuracy lab type scale. There is a lot of good info on this scale available on the accurate shooters forums.

What more could you ask for to weight each kernel.

Sorry not to get back to you guys sooner ..
thanks so much for the input....
I wasn't able to find the denver anyway as it is no longer made so I will go with the latter one mentioned....
thanks again....

Just ordered the A&D FX120i from cambridge environmental . It will be here next week...
thanks again for the input....
cheers from the great white north....

Too late I guess...

...but I would have recommended purchasing a very high quality powder measure rather than spending an extreme amount of money on a scale. The reason I say this is because I have reloaded for dozens of highly accurate rifles shooting at various ranges, 100 to 1000 yards. I find a powder that fills the case up to where I can see the level when I look down the neck. Then make some adjustments to the volume loading to where I find my best accuracy. I have been doing this for 25 years and can say I have always found success with this method. Rarely do I measure how many grains I am putting into the case once I determine the approximate load density. Anyhow, hope you enjoy your new set up.

well that should stir the pot a little....
...but I would have recommended purchasing a very high quality powder measure rather than spending an extreme amount of money on a scale. The reason I say this is because I have reloaded for dozens of highly accurate rifles shooting at various ranges, 100 to 1000 yards. I find a powder that fills the case up to where I can see the level when I look down the neck. Then make some adjustments to the volume loading to where I find my best accuracy. I have been doing this for 25 years and can say I have always found success with this method. Rarely do I measure how many grains I am putting into the case once I determine the approximate load density. Anyhow, hope you enjoy your new set up.

I like this method. You could make a tiny dipstick and check the level if you want to really be accurate.

The level of the powder in a case depends on how it was poured in. For that reason I would not generally use it as a reliable gauge for small differences. About all it is good for is an indicator of gross dependencies. Also, powders vary greatly as to the precision to which charges may be thrown. Bottom line, for many situations there is no substitute for a reliable scale.
Although it is not aimed at this exact thing, the pictures in this article show what the extremes can look like in a case of about 30 grain capacity. http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...ng-controling-cartridge-powder-column-height/
All cases were filled with the same exact granules of powder.

Back