What Do You DO When You Like Velocity LT 32 Lot 6

chaymbrd

Well I have been at it . I Chronographed Lot #6. I have been shooting 27.7 gr. and doing good. I have been winning more
consistently. Lot 6 is slow but very workable. 27.7 is only on average 3189 fps. I am very tempted to shoot at 28.4 avg. 3321.
I hesitate because 27.7 is treating me well. I want more velocity. I am tempted to raise the bar. BUT my cases are doing great. No
clicks. No tightness. Should I stay put and stop this temptation and possiblely crash. What would you do? I have a good supply of
lot 6. Anyone else using this lot and tell me how you are doing. I know there has been talk of lot to lot consistency. I am
staying put. Feedback please. Michael

Michael,

I agree with the above replies; I am shooting 29.4 grains behind 65/68 grain BTs from Barts in my 6BR. I'm getting 3300 with single digit SD and an ES of about 20 for weighed (RCBS standard 5-0-5 scale). This has worked for me quite well; I only shoot 100 yard VFS at the moment, so YMMV. Brass is fine at 20 reloads so far, but then, I anneal every 3 or 4 reloads.

Dennis

Well...if you're not winning everytime, you need to experiment a bit.

Sounds like I need to experiment in the lower node. I tend to shoot it in the higher nodes. 28.6 up to 29.3
In the 3400 plus range.

Lapua cases hold up if the die is a good match. Not so much if the die over sizes. A whole weekend plus a practice day before the match with 20 cases is good enough for me in case life. 15-20 x fired

Well I have been at it . I Chronographed Lot #6. I have been shooting 27.7 gr. and doing good. I have been winning more
consistently. Lot 6 is slow but very workable. 27.7 is only on average 3189 fps. I am very tempted to shoot at 28.4 avg. 3321.
I hesitate because 27.7 is treating me well. I want more velocity. I am tempted to raise the bar. BUT my cases are doing great. No
clicks. No tightness. Should I stay put and stop this temptation and possiblely crash. What would you do? I have a good supply of
lot 6. Anyone else using this lot and tell me how you are doing. I know there has been talk of lot to lot consistency. I am
staying put. Feedback please. Michael

Just curious, why do you want more velocity?

Back