what chrono you guys using

crashem

Have been looking for a chronograph that will tell me the es and sd and has a good reputation for relaibility....... would like to keep it under 250.00

the distance between the two sensors is the issue i see....
would like to see it against a lab chrono...
nice idea. compact...and easy to set up at the bench...

accuracy is my question

mike in co

I like the Chrony's

I currently have three

A sometimes stack them up and shoot over all of them at the same time

Like in this thread http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?68309-Chronograph-question&highlight=chrony

Lighting can be tricky, absolute accuracy can change with lighting I think. Oehlers are more accurate.

I believe artificial lighting to be more consistent, yes I've checked.

I find the chrony's to be adequate and repeatable

'Search' will get you lots of opinion

al

+1 for CED - best hobby chronograph on the market. I usually shoot late in the day, so I got the IR light kit. I blocked the diffusers with cardboard so the only light is from the IR kit - absolutely consistent lighting.

It's out of your price range, but the only one that I've seen meet your requirement of reliability is the Oehler 35. I've never seen one not work so long as the battery was good. Can't say that of any other. Saw two CEDM2 chrono's crap out and probably half a dozen Shooter's Chrony's go down. Even saw one get shot on purpose! I own one and it works sometimes. My 35 never fails and I use it nearly every day.

It's out of your price range, but the only one that I've seen meet your requirement of reliability is the Oehler 35. I've never seen one not work so long as the battery was good. Can't say that of any other. Saw two CEDM2 chrono's crap out and probably half a dozen Shooter's Chrony's go down. Even saw one get shot on purpose! I own one and it works sometimes. My 35 never fails and I use it nearly every day.
+2 on 35P

For f-class.
Load development for long range.
And for the fun of producing consistant precision (small sd and es) ammo.

Hey guys thanks for the info.

Does the Oehler 35 have any of the light problems that the CED's have?

Ben

Back