What Bat action model for 1000yd would you use?

marlowjoe

Fellas, If you were going to build a 1000yd benchrest rifle in a 6mm Dasher which Bat action model would you use? Maybe something with a long tenon to support the long barrel. Is what I was thinking.

thanks for your input.

Joe

There are numerous reports that the small BATs have marginal ignition. Unless Bruce has addressed that issue -- and he may well have -- I would go with a B.

Actually, I would go with a 1.125 tenon M, but then, I'd want to allow for a bigger case than a Dasher. A 1.125 tenon will let you use the 404-size diameter case with no qualms -- as when you decide a .338 with a 300 grain Berger is an advantage... ;-)

Get a model "b" or "mb". You wont be as limited to one caliber if you choose to change you can go to a 6.5x284 in a B if you like.

Both my guns are large thread M's with the big exhaust ports.

Usta shoot 6.5-284's, but have no problems now with the Dasher cases......

My two light guns are 8.5" "M"...one a 1.55 round and one a multi flat. If you are going to go with a BR/Dasher in this action you will need to get it set up properly.......Sako extractor and the angled ejection port. Otherwise the long action will not eject the brass. Talk to the guys at BAT.

My 1.55 round was/is set up for 300 win/wby cases. When I chamberd up a 6.5 WSSM it will not eject the brass......fine for "F" class, but not for BR!! My next action was wrong.....would not eject the dasher cases. Luckey for me BAT took it back and built me the correct action....took 6 months, but the new one won me the nats!! :D

Back