What a horse!!

They say horse racing is the sport of Kings. And a king maker this amazing young stallion is in that it is rumored his stud fee will be some $14 MILLION a pop!

But did you see that guy run. At the finish he was 5 1/2 links in the lead and not even stretching!

The stud fees will probably push the 150K per pop mark. It's quite possible for stud fees to total 7 million dollars per year Jerry. He can breed many times per year. The owner was offered 20 million dollars for stud fee rights after the Preakness. The owner turned down the offer. However, he accepted an offer that he said "I couldn't turn down". A good example regarding current stud fees would be California Chrome. 25K per whack.

There was an article in the

When I get a little down in the dumps, I watch Secretariat run the Belmont. Fixes me everytime!

Hunter - I went back to work and now they won't let me quit. I laid out a month to take care of an old dog and it didn't seem to matter - right back to work! We're about done so I guess that has something to do with it.

Bangor, Me Daily News today about an interview with Ron Turcotte, the jockey who rode Secretariat from the horse's beginning. He lives in New Brunswick just over the Maine/Canada line. Interesting comments about American Pharaoh and Secretariat. Unfortunately as many may know he is a paraplegic from an old racing fall. He would have been at Belmont but he broke both legs in a car accident this Winter. Talk about bad luck.

The stud fees will probably push the 150K per pop mark. It's quite possible for stud fees to total 7 million dollars per year Jerry. He can breed many times per year. The owner was offered 20 million dollars for stud fee rights after the Preakness. The owner turned down the offer. However, he accepted an offer that he said "I couldn't turn down". A good example regarding current stud fees would be California Chrome. 25K per whack.

All I can say is that I might sell myself for that kind of money!!

I heard an update/clarification on his projected new value on nbc. It is now 100 million including stud fees.

Good Laugh For The Day !

You can ask for that kind of money. I doubt you can sell yourself for that.

One burning question the answer to which I cannot find the answer.
When they feed that horse do they drop the charges or do they weigh?

Thanks for the good laugh, Francis. Reader's Digest was right! Laughter is the best medicine. :)

Top of the morning to you my friend.

Later,

Gene Beggs

Before the start of the Belmont, Mr. Zayat sold breeding rights to Coolmore Ashford Stud located near Ashford Kentucky. The terms of the deal have not been disclosed, but the price was higher than $20 million dollars. American Pharaoh will continue to race until the end of this year. After that time, the new owners of the breeding rights will take possession.

Back