What a horse!!

My wife has a mild interest in horse racing and I guess I do too. She called me at work and told me about the triple crown winner and I mentioned it around for a bit. Seems that I was the only one that knew about it and, moreover, the only one that cared even a little bit. Sheesh!

Seems that I was the only one that knew about it and, moreover, the only one that cared even a little bit. Sheesh!

I agree! There's never any suspense as to whether the Indy 500, the Masters, the Super Bowl or the World Series will be won; this TC thing has been elusive. I was amazed at the crowd reaction; they were still screaming and hollering loud enough to hear on TV long after the race -- I didn't see any disappointed fans. Not that way at other sporting events.

Several weeks ago, my wife and son were expressing their agreement with the guy whose horse lost last year, saying that the rule should be changed that a horse shouldn't be allowed to run in the Belmont if it skipped the KD or the Preakness; I disagreed. I said a horse doesn't deserve to be in the same "club" with the other 11 if it can't beat all "comers."

I figured AP would lose; however, am glad he won -- it's inspirational to see another TC win.

BTW, CC&BW, I thought you were retired.

Last edited:
My wife has a mild interest in horse racing and I guess I do too. She called me at work and told me about the triple crown winner and I mentioned it around for a bit. Seems that I was the only one that knew about it and, moreover, the only one that cared even a little bit. Sheesh!

They say horse racing is the sport of Kings. And a king maker this amazing young stallion is in that it is rumored his stud fee will be some $14 MILLION a pop!

But did you see that guy run. At the finish he was 5 1/2 links in the lead and not even stretching!

Is it the Jockey or the Horse? Some experts say,if the Long shot wins,its the Jockey's doing.

Glenn

It was the horse. The jockey can't get off and push. On the lead the whole race all he had to do was not fall off. Great race horse maybe in the same league as Secretariat and Seattle Slew. Secretariat won by 31 lengths.

They say horse racing is the sport of Kings. And a king maker this amazing young stallion is in that it is rumored his stud fee will be some $14 MILLION a pop!

But did you see that guy run. At the finish he was 5 1/2 links in the lead and not even stretching!

Jerry, If I heard right this morning, they're saying $100 million stud fee, now. That's getting up there with me.:D

When I get a little down in the dumps, I watch Secretariat run the Belmont. Fixes me everytime!

Hunter - I went back to work and now they won't let me quit. I laid out a month to take care of an old dog and it didn't seem to matter - right back to work! We're about done so I guess that has something to do with it.

The horse will probably be syndicated. Every shareholder will be entitled to one breeding right every year. The cost of your share will determine how much in reality one stud fee is worth over time. Usually 40 shares and maybe 10 or 20 more extra breedings between the farm and a few sold outside depending how good of a breeder he is. Not all are the same. Thoroughbreds have to do the deed everytime , quarter horses use artificial and can do several hundred every year. That's what make thoroughbreds so expensive. Usually the fastest horses don't make the fastest colts. But fame is a great marketing tool. I was a trainer and breeder in another lifetime.

Sorry but I don't google!!

If I want to contact the NSA direct I simply pick up my phone and talk!

They can follow you here and know where you are and what you think. Do you really think they are that bored that they care one iota about you.
I think Wilbur would give you up with the first threat!!

Last edited:
I don't Google

Please explain!!

I don't google,,,, I don't even giggle anymore.. The only thing that reminds me of horse racing is a bad poker game.. Once I was big big loser, in a game,,, went to restroom to wash my face and fresh'n up from playing many hrs... Being big loser,,, when I looked in the mirror,,, my face was as long as "Seattle Slew's)

Terror attack

Jerry

I don't think the search engine DuckDuckGo tracks your info.

Later
Dave

The NSA ain't all bad,,, . Some one called and saved me from a terror attack... The call was mysterious,, and said "your wife is on the way home." I hid in the woods for 3 weeks,, not willing to face that terror.

The NSA ain't all bad,,, . Some one called and saved me from a terror attack... The call was mysterious,, and said "your wife is on the way home." I hid in the woods for 3 weeks,, not willing to face that terror.

Then you finally remembered you don't have a wife!!

Back