Went to Gallatin, TN to a UBR match...

Wilbur

cook and bottle washer
I didn't stay for the 200 yard match but had a great time shooting. It's been a long time! My rifle shot pretty good and it didn't seem be broken nearly as bad as I thought. I realized that I couldn't make it through the 200 yard match and headed for home...a scant 120 miles. I did have a choice though....shoot the 200 and stay another night in Gallatin or just go home. This time I chose to go home!

Here's the deal. It was just like any other sanctioned match except the rules are fewer....much fewer. The folks there were very helpful, the match director was a dream (Rick Fox), and the chili was outstanding. I didn't just say any of those things to be nice...all true...especially the chili. :) I had a really, really good time!!

I'll go back for more and plan to stay longer....set out some windflags maybe... My score doesn't indicate that as a threat of any kind but it's somewhat different shooting without them. Perhaps I woulda done a little better if I had flags in front of me instead of several benches to the right. Perhaps not!! I did have wind flags but couldn't see them when the car trunk was closed.

Couple of pictures...

Several folks attended!

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 362
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 338
I didn't stay for the 200 yard match but had a great time shooting. It's been a long time! My rifle shot pretty good and it didn't seem be broken nearly as bad as I thought. I realized that I couldn't make it through the 200 yard match and headed for home...a scant 120 miles. I did have a choice though....shoot the 200 and stay another night in Gallatin or just go home. This time I chose to go home!

Here's the deal. It was just like any other sanctioned match except the rules are fewer....much fewer. The folks there were very helpful, the match director was a dream (Rick Fox), and the chili was outstanding. I didn't just say any of those things to be nice...all true...especially the chili. :) I had a really, really good time!!

I'll go back for more and plan to stay longer....set out some windflags maybe... My score doesn't indicate that as a threat of any kind but it's somewhat different shooting without them. Perhaps I woulda done a little better if I had flags in front of me instead of several benches to the right. Perhaps not!! I did have wind flags but couldn't see them when the car trunk was closed.

Wilbur,
Thanks for the kind words. Enjoyed having you. Add some wind flags and you will be a challenge. That's all I need, another shooter to beat up on me.

Rick

It was nice to meet you, Wilbur. Glad you came and shot with us and look forward to seeing you again. Tough day, but enjoyed it and enjoyed seeing everyone.

Congrats to the winners and to the new shooters that shot well. Ya'll come back!

Results

Here's the match results...

Attachments

• GGC 3 5 16 100.pdf
    89.3 KB · Views: 326
  • GGC 3 5 16 200.pdf
    88 KB · Views: 207
  • GGC 3 5 16 GA.pdf
    70.8 KB · Views: 212
Wilbur:
Nice to see you Saturday. It's been alot of years since Fayette. Good shooting, especially without flags. Hope to see you again.
Bob B

I lost track Robert...how long HAS it been? Fayette quit hosting matches when I was the SER director and I'll never forgive either myself or the gun club.

Last edited:

Good shooting Wilbur! Come on down to River Bend and make me pay attention as to what the hell we're supposed to be doing. Remember when we switched our rifles during a match, you loading and shooting mine and I yours? Damn thing was we both shot a little better, that was something to ponder.
Charlie

Good shooting Wilbur! Come on down to River Bend and make me pay attention as to what the hell we're supposed to be doing. Remember when we switched our rifles during a match, you loading and shooting mine and I yours? Damn thing was we both shot a little better, that was something to ponder.
Charlie

Yhea, Wilbur, come down to the River and make us all pay attention to shooting instead of those sexy dancing girls Jim is bringing!!

Charlie...I had forgotten that little episode. Do you remember if either of us won anything?

Back