Well, My Targets Did Not Survive the Scrutiny of the Official Scorers

jackie schmidt

Gene Bukys, the Chairman of the NBRSA Records Committee called, said the targets I shot with my 30BR at Midland did not make it. A really great agg, but no record.

That is why we have an Official Measuring Committee that certifies any possible record targets. There should never be any doubt that a Record is truly that, a Record.

Oh well, that's that............jackie

Jackie,
Stick five little groups in competition and finish an agg like a champion,you don't need any further recognition.You know that. If you lived about a thousand miles closer I'd give ya pat on the back.
Joel

Jackie ...

Gene Bukys, the Chairman of the NBRSA Records Committee called, said the targets I shot with my 30BR at Midland did not make it. A really great agg, but no record...jackie

Sorry to hear that. :(

So what was your agg's dimensions as determined by the committee?

Where will it reside [in order] among others that have been measured?

The second best ever without official recognition? Art

Gene Bukys, the Chairman of the NBRSA Records Committee called, said the targets I shot with my 30BR at Midland did not make it. A really great agg, but no record.

That is why we have an Official Measuring Committee that certifies any possible record targets. There should never be any doubt that a Record is truly that, a Record.

Oh well, that's that............jackie

Been there, done that, didn't get a tee shirt myself :( ;), so I know how you feel. You had a great accomplishment anyway.

You still have every reason to be just as proud of your fantastic shooting.

Jim

i see a conspiracy here....the makers of fine 6ppc guns have paid off the the judges to maintain their standings.....where are the targets...what is tha agg ?

something is rotten in (texas)denmark.....

as has been said record or not, some great shooting jackie...

mike in co

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing, in a sport where we routinely measure and agree on dimensions to the ten thousands of an inch on case necks or bullet runout and weigh charges to the tenth of a grain; we clearly don't agree on what constitutes the edge of a hole in a piece of paper.

Mike Wickizer

Amazing, in a sport where we routinely measure and agree on dimensions to the ten thousands of an inch on case necks or bullet runout and weigh charges to the tenth of a grain; we clearly don't agree on what constitutes the edge of a hole in a piece of paper.

Mike Wickizer

Ain't that the truth!

Well, "kiss my grits"! Jackie, you still did well my man. I still witnessed a shooter that didn't "choke" and managed a very nice agg.

Well done anyway.

Brad

Mike,
You might want to rethink accusing the records committee of being paid off. The internet goes out to the world, and that is who you have insulted these folks in front of. Have you even seen the targets? I think that you should apologize, and then delete your own post.

jeeessseeee....its humor..
Mike,
You might want to rethink accusing the records committee of being paid off. The internet goes out to the world, and that is who you have insulted these folks in front of. Have you even seen the targets? I think that you should apologize, and then delete your own post.

Mike in CO......The first part of your statement seemed to be said in a humorous manner, but when you say there is "something rotten in (Texas) Denmark"; you have gone over the line. I agree with Boyd and believe that you should be very careful before making such disparaging remarks. The records committee takes their responsibility very seriously. Good shooting...James

I have total respect for the records committee, which is headed up by my good friend Gene Bukys. The other three gentlemen are just that as well, gentlemen.

I have no problem with their official measurements. Everybody knows that Midland does measure a tad small, I was hoping, as well as many others, that since the measurements at the range were so far under the existing record, that they would stand as a record. But it was not to be. Gene told me today that the official average came out to .1522. Still the smallest darned agg I ever shot.:)

I am a member of The NBRSA. I believe in the integrety of that Organization as a Sanctioning Body. As a member, I stand by the decisions of that Sanctioning Body, whether it affects me in a positive manner or not.........jackie

jeeessseeee....its humor..

Mike I took your remark as all humor, since we all know that the targets weren't really measured in Denmark.

Jackie I am really sorry you didn't get the record. I thought for sure you would get in under the wire.

giuys it was humor..nothing more....if you remember when this happened it was all about the 30 over the 6..........
thus my comments.....
this was not a slight at anyone nor any group........
volunteers are way under paid....they do not need flack ontop of the work.....

mike in co

A great show anyway, Jackie.

A side comment on measuring to be thinking about. At the recent NBRSA Nationals Larry Feusse was shooting a 6.5mm. The scoring crew had trouble with that odd size hole. I am wondering if there might be a better tool to measure with. It would have to be something that is affordable though.

Jerry said:
...The scoring crew had trouble with that odd size hole. I am wondering if there might be a better tool to measure with. It would have to be something that is affordable though.

Jerry it is as simple as engraving the template on the group measuring device for a 6.5mm bullet hole. I replaced the template on my measuring tool with one that I added a 6.5mm and a 7mm ring.

Scoring Targets

A great show anyway, Jackie.

A side comment on measuring to be thinking about. At the recent NBRSA Nationals Larry Feusse was shooting a 6.5mm. The scoring crew had trouble with that odd size hole. I am wondering if there might be a better tool to measure with. It would have to be something that is affordable though.

Maybe sometime in the future there will be a way to scan the targets and accuratly measure them similar to the way we have bar codes scanned at the checkouts in all of our favorite stores.

With the price of electronics coming down all the time this might become a viable option in future matches i.e. SS, Nationals, etc, etc......

Last edited:
Back