Weaver T-Series XR 46x48mm

For what it is worth

Not on sale now. Listed for $1088.00.

I just received my February copy of the Natchez Shooter Supplies. Page 4, Weaver Scopes, T series XR, Fixed-Power Target Scopes. ( Lower right column bottom of page)
46x48 New Fine Crosshair Matte F01WE849987 REG. $1444.45 SALE $879.99

Checked Bruno's
#849985 Matte, crosshairs, $779.95
#849985 Matte, Cross hair with 1/6 Dot, $779.95

May be others, have to call to check availability.
Centerfire

Al,
I missed responding to part of your post with regards to putting the 46 on a scope checker.
I have a scope checker, but have not done that as of this time, I may fool with it while I am at the Cactus in Phx next month because I am thinking about putting one on my Heavy varmint gun.

Dad and I are shooting an "original" (meaning oil on the lense lot), and a second release (whatever that meant) 46x and they are still going strong. I have about 2,000 rounds under mine and dad's has about 4,000. I actually shot dad's at the firecracker a few years ago on my 30, and then he out it on the .220 beggs. I really like the 1/16 min dot, and clarity is good. It is a loss as far as resale goes, but so far I haven't had any reason to need to change...I remember talking to you, Greg, about your experiences with Weavers, and am hoping that ours do not follow the same fate. All things mechanical break at some point, and I hope mine does it in practice!
Mike

Mike

Dad and I are shooting an "original" (meaning oil on the lense lot), and a second release (whatever that meant) 46x and they are still going strong. I have about 2,000 rounds under mine and dad's has about 4,000. I actually shot dad's at the firecracker a few years ago on my 30, and then he out it on the .220 beggs. I really like the 1/16 min dot, and clarity is good. It is a loss as far as resale goes, but so far I haven't had any reason to need to change...I remember talking to you, Greg, about your experiences with Weavers, and am hoping that ours do not follow the same fate. All things mechanical break at some point, and I hope mine does it in practice!
Mike

I was wondering about your scope last year at the 200/300 IBS Natl in Thurmont. Good to hear it was not that. Sounds like you both are having good experiences with yours. Thanks for the input. --Greg

Greg,
I am still not sure what was happening at the Nationals, but I suspect it was the tune on the barrel/bullets, and my lack of practice before the match. I started shooting BIB 112's in my Hart 18" and was able to to put up some decent scores in the winter postal match. I haven't, yet, taken it back out to 300yds, but I feel a lot more confident now. Putting about 500rnds in a month after Thurmont also helped out - I was testing some bullets for someone and it got me back in "tune" with those flag thingies again.
Working with a Lederer PPC barrel now and was able to find a decent tune with the same stock/action/scope so I feel like Thurmont was aaaaalllll me.
Mike

Mike

Greg,
I am still not sure what was happening at the Nationals, but I suspect it was the tune on the barrel/bullets, and my lack of practice before the match. I started shooting BIB 112's in my Hart 18" and was able to to put up some decent scores in the winter postal match. I haven't, yet, taken it back out to 300yds, but I feel a lot more confident now. Putting about 500rnds in a month after Thurmont also helped out - I was testing some bullets for someone and it got me back in "tune" with those flag thingies again.
Working with a Lederer PPC barrel now and was able to find a decent tune with the same stock/action/scope so I feel like Thurmont was aaaaalllll me.
Mike

all good to hear. I have a Hart 1-18 I bought years ago and had fitted a couple years ago. It has a Borden tuner on it. I have about 800 through it. To tell you the truth I haven't found anything that seems to want to print really good groups. I have been in and out with seating depth, tuner settings, short bullets, 1" jacket bullets and the best I can say is it struggles(or I do) to be average. I am not giving up on it but I'm not going to shoot it in early or late cold weather.

Frank Green from Bartlein barrels had a post sometime in the past where he had cut rifled barrels and button rifle barrels threaded for tuners. He found, as I remember using deltronic pins, that the button barrels expanded in the area of the threading but the cut barrels did not. I've often wondered about my Hart, which is button rifled. I'm going to try the thing with the tuner again, but before too many more rounds go down it and if its still acting up, I'm going to have the threaded section cut off and try it that way.

http://www.benchrest.com/showthread.php?91536-Barrels/page7

Last edited:
Back