Wayne Campbell

A Shifflett

In case you haven’t noticed, WC has been on quite a roll going back to last year.

In 2017, he won the Shamrock, which was his third win in a row at this match, the 3&4 gun at the IBS nationals, 4 gun at the NBRSA Nationals, 3 gun at the SuperShoot, 2nd in the 2 gun at the SuperShoot, 2nd in the World Championships, 2nd in the 3 gun NBRSA Nationals.

He recently just won the 2018 Cactus, which I personally call one of the big 3, which includes the SuperShoot and the EastWest.

I think it is far time we bring him back to earth: with the Shamrock coming up, I will personally pay a bounty of $100.00 to any shooter who wins the 2 gun, “IF” Mr Campbell finishes 2nd!

AS

Wayne sure is on a roll Andy.....

I'd love to oblige and take $100 of your hard earned cash.... but after careful consideration of my odds, I have more chance of winning the lottery.

I'll offer up my Daughter Emily to try her best if that helps, Wayne may take pity on her.

Not only is Wayne on a roll, but he is a massive inspiration to people in our sport, the photo below was taken with my Daughter at the WBC in NZ and just look at the smile on her face. Thank you Wayne!

Bruce

Attachments

• IMG_0642.JPG
    IMG_0642.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 686
  • IMG_1218.JPG
    IMG_1218.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 716
I met wayne at the cactus this year for the first time. Super nice guy and a true gentleman. I asked him a few questions about his shooting Techniques, he was more than helpful and straight forward and honest. Yes the man can shoot just look at his record. Andy i also met you,nice talking to you all. I will try and make it to the east west this year. Hope to see you all there.
Your friend gabe

Heck anybody can win over Wayne Campbell. All they have to do is read the flags and shoot better than him. Until tell then Wayne is the one to beat.
Keep it up Wayne.
Chet

Tough competitor

I will never forget a match at Unaka some years ago when I was running a .1507 agg after 4 targets. Target 5 I shot a high .2 and Wayne shot an .070. He has a way of pulling it out when it counts.

Andy

There are many of us who notice how well he has been doing the last few years.....

Prior to him I was watching Gene Buys. Okay I still watch him.

I do not count anyone else out but Wayne can have a bad agg but knows how to bare down, and reign in a win.....

Keep it up Wayne.....

Calvin

Wayne sure is on a roll Andy.....I'd love to oblige and take $100 of your hard earned cash.... but after careful consideration of my odds, I have more chance of winning the lottery.I'll offer up my Daughter Emily to try her best if that helps, Wayne may take pity on her.Not only is Wayne on a roll, but he is a massive inspiration to people in our sport, the photo below was taken with my Daughter at the WBC in NZ and just look at the smile on her face. Thank you Wayne!Bruce
Those are fantastic pictures of your daughter. Thanks for sharing.

Wayne sure is on a roll Andy.....

I'd love to oblige and take $100 of your hard earned cash.... but after careful consideration of my odds, I have more chance of winning the lottery.

I'll offer up my Daughter Emily to try her best if that helps, Wayne may take pity on her.

Not only is Wayne on a roll, but he is a massive inspiration to people in our sport, the photo below was taken with my Daughter at the WBC in NZ and just look at the smile on her face. Thank you Wayne!

Bruce

I think I’ve seen that rifle that Emily is holding. ;)

I had the good fortune last year of shooting next to Jack Neary and 2 benches from Wayne at the nationals in St.Louis. It’s pretty easy to take a look at their targets and compare how you’re shooting. If they are shooting dots and you’re not, then you better be making some changes. That’s one of the great things about benchrest, you compete against the best there is. With how Wayne is on a roll, the odds aren’t good at beating him anywhere this year.

Last edited:
In case you haven’t noticed, WC has been on quite a roll going back to last year.

In 2017, he won the Shamrock, which was his third win in a row at this match, the 3&4 gun at the IBS nationals, 4 gun at the NBRSA Nationals, 3 gun at the SuperShoot, 2nd in the 2 gun at the SuperShoot, 2nd in the World Championships, 2nd in the 3 gun NBRSA Nationals.

He recently just won the 2018 Cactus, which I personally call one of the big 3, which includes the SuperShoot and the EastWest.

I think it is far time we bring him back to earth: with the Shamrock coming up, I will personally pay a bounty of $100.00 to any shooter who wins the 2 gun, “IF” Mr Campbell finishes 2nd!

AS

Andy,

I don't want you to cut yourself short so therefore if you show Mr. Campbell that you are willing to put you best foot forward and take 1st place from Mr. Campbell then I got you cover for the $100.00

AS put your best foot forward and show him you mean business.

Russell

Wayne's Just Lucky

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more of it I have."

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited:
Bounty update!

It is day one of the 2018 shamrock, and the bounty has created quite a buzz. Therefore I am changing the rules slightly. Wayne Campbell no longer has to finish 2nd in order to claim the bounty. All you have to do is win the 2gun to collect a $100.00! Good luck to all!

AS

I love ya man !!!

without a doubt Wayne is the hottest dude in benchrest on the planet right now!! ---
but that said I'll take ya up on your challenge --- Besides the damn tree limb won't fall!!
so we might as well take up something else

Gene

The True Origion of Wayne

I have recently met a relative of Wayne from long ago. He, after being plied with Tequila, told me the astonishing story of where Wayne came from. I quote from my notes: "Well, lets see. Wayne wasn't so much born as found. What I mean is, one night there was the brightest shooting star you ever saw. There was a loud boom. The ground gave a little shake then silence. Well, we lit out there in a pickup and found a big black scorched mark in the dirt about 300 yards long. At the end of this were three things: a blanket, a male baby and the pair of sun glasses he was wearing. Well, we raised the little feller. He did well and became an outstanding man. But hers the spooky part. You see those glasses, those sun glasses, they grew as he grew. ". Here my notes were interrupted by breaking glass, loud raucous laughter, two gunshots and running feet. When I looked up the Campbell clan had disappeared. Tim

Last edited:
I have recently met a relative of Wayne from long ago. He, after being plied with Tequila, told me the astonishing story of where Wayne came from. I quote from my notes: "Well, lets see. Wayne wasn't so much born as found. What I mean is, one night there was the brightest shooting star you ever saw. There was a loud boom. The ground gave a little shake then silence. Well, we lit out there in a pickup and found a big black scorched mark in the dirt about 300 yards long. At the end of this were three things: a blanket, a male baby and the pair of sun glasses he was wearing. Well, we raised the little feller. He did well and became an outstanding man. But hers the spooky part. You see those glasses, those sun glasses, they grew as he grew. ". Here my notes were interrupted by breaking glass, loud raucous laughter, two gunshots and running feet. When I looked up the Campbell clan had disappeared. Tim

:.) And that is the truth.

Back