Wayne Campbell wins SE Regional 100 yard stage at the Rock!

Steve Lee

Wayne won the 100 yard stage, winning Unlimited and Sporter including (subject to confirmation) smashing the existing 100 yard Unlimited 10 shot world record with an unbelievable .1682. His Sporter agg was .1762.

In Light Varmint Terry Leonard had a .12 agg after three, and still had a .13 agg after 4 and was on a world record pace, but one bullet got away on his last group turning into a .240. He needed a .220 to set a new record...too bad...I was looking forward to seeing two world records set in the same weekend. His agg wound up as an impressive .1576

David Condor won HV100 with a .1998

Results are attached.

Attachments

• SE Regional Championship 2011 100 yard Rockingham.xls
    45.5 KB · Views: 242
  • SE Regional Championship 2011 100 yard Rockingham.pdf
    265.9 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
Forgot to mention, Wayne picked up the last two SE Region Hall of Fame points he needed, so he is now a member.

Had to make a correction in the results. Original showed me as 4th in Unlimited with Jeff Thompson 3rd. I actually won the tie breaker, so I came in 3rd in Unlimited.

Files attached to the first post in this thread have been corrected, so if you downloaded them you may want to do it again.

Steve

SE Regional at the Rock

I took a few pictures of some familiar faces. Didn't have my camera handy for the Awards, sorry.

Thanks to Roy and the crew for another great match!

Scott

Attachments

• 101_0453.jpg
    101_0453.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 311
  • 101_0444.jpg
    101_0444.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 324
  • 101_0454.jpg
    101_0454.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 327
  • 101_0446.jpg
    101_0446.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 314
  • 101_0449.jpg
    101_0449.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 304
  • 101_0451.jpg
    101_0451.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 309
Great win Wayne, and awesome photos Scott! thanks for sharin' man. Congrats Wayne on the SER Hall of Fame. I know you are already in the big one, but those shooters in the SER HoF are shooters who I have looked up too since I started, and you definitely deserve to be in there! Congrats man!

In Light Varmint Terry Leonard had a .12 agg after three, and still had a .13 agg after 4 and was on a world record pace, but one bullet got away on his last group turning into a .240. He needed a .220 to set a new record...too bad...I was looking forward to seeing two world records set in the same weekend. His agg wound up as an impressive .1576

David Condor won HV100 with a .1998

Results are attached.

Agreed..! WHAT a match...!!! Impressive shooting fellers!!!

.020 is all Mr. Leonard needed.................. Too bad, DANG..!

cale

You might think it was a trigger pull, but it definitely was not. Competition was fierce...if you weren't shooting a LOT of groups in the mid ones you didn't have a chance.

Steve, you are right. In the bag gun classes, I didn't really feel bad about how I shot though I messed up a couple of times but you really had to be puttin' lil tiny dots on the paper to compete. It was pretty intense. Lot of fun though. Great shoot Roy, I had a great time.

Matthew S Keller

Yes it was a trigger pull, every time Wayne pulled the trigger the bullet went into the same hole, plus he was sitting in the honey hole, all he had to have was a superbly tuned rifle and the uncanny ability to read the wind, what's the big deal?:D Truthfully it was fun to watch, much more fun than my groups. It was great shooting over a weekend where many of us struggled with loads and tricky winds, keep it up at Holton Wayne.

Terry Leonards almost record was also impressive as I got to see it happen next to me. I'm shooting splotches and he's shooting dots almost embarrassing but the man was tuned and he can obviously shoot plus he makes the most beautiful and accurate stocks in the game.
If we could just find a way to quite him down from being so loud and boisterous.:D

Thanks to Roy and his crew for a very smoothly run match and going through all the time and effort it takes to put on a match.

Mmmmmmmmm Terry Leonard stocks. *drool... Dwight, you're right. Somebody needs to put a rope around Terry before he gets really out of control one day. :D

Oh yeah! Something of note is how well the lean and mean Scott Roeder shot all weekend. Using a bag gun Scott finished 5th overall. Good shooting man.

Last edited:
Back