Wayne Campbell wins first Brock's Gap NBRSA Shoot!

Steve Lee

Our first shoot at Brock's Gap Training Center in Birmingham was a great success. We had 25 shooters show up for our first shoot.

Congratulations to Scotty Grimes, Billy Stevens and Wayne Campbell for their agg wins, and to Wayne for winning the four gun.

Saturday morning Wayne's incredible rail gun continued to hum right along (we need to get up a pool to buy and retire that gun) shooting a .1794 agg to run away with Unlimited.

Saturday afternoon Scotty Grimes was very consistant finishing first place in Heavy Varmint with a .2366 agg.

Sunday morning Bart Sauter started out on a world record pace, but let Billy Stevens pass him on the last two groups giving the Light Varmint win to Billy with a .1960 agg.

Brady Knight was hot Sunday afternoon until a single bullet dropped him to second place in Sporter giving the agg win to Wayne Campbell.

Everyone had a great time. We are planning to have at least one and possibly two shoots next year, so hope to see everyone there.

Steve

Attachments

• BrocksGapJune2012.pdf
    262.3 KB · Views: 346
  • BrocksGapJune2012.xls
    44 KB · Views: 423
Brock's Gap After Party

Here are some pictures from the after party. I had to leave at 10 pm because I have to work today, but my wife and her friend Rena Tate hung around. My wife finally showed up at around 5 am this morning!

Gonna have to have a talk with Bart and Billy!

Steve

Attachments

• IMAG0222.jpg
    IMAG0222.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 377
  • IMAG0228.jpg
    IMAG0228.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 407
  • IMAG0229.jpg
    IMAG0229.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 417
The campground near the range is attached to the Hoover Metropolitan Stadium. Friday night there was a baseball game followed by fireworks. Reportedly the fireworks show was very impressive (I had to leave beforehand). According to reports Billy and Bart had a flashback moment and almost dove for cover under Billy's camper!

Sorry I missed all the foofraa but my family came in for an early Fathers Day since they are going to Vegas next weekend. We did shoot a lot of 45ACP and caught some Bass.

Thanks Uncle Jerry for the easy to open stats. Who was them LA (Lower Alabama Latinos)?
Our first shoot at Brock's Gap Training Center in Birmingham was a great success. We had 25 shooters show up for our first shoot.

Congratulations to Scotty Grimes, Billy Stevens and Wayne Campbell for their agg wins, and to Wayne for winning the four gun.

Saturday morning Wayne's incredible rail gun continued to hum right along (we need to get up a pool to buy and retire that gun) shooting a .1794 agg to run away with Unlimited.

Saturday afternoon Scotty Grimes was very consistant finishing first place in Heavy Varmint with a .2366 agg.

Sunday morning Bart Sauter started out on a world record pace, but let Billy Stevens pass him on the last two groups giving the Light Varmint win to Billy with a .1960 agg.

Brady Knight was hot Sunday afternoon until a single bullet dropped him to second place in Sporter giving the agg win to Wayne Campbell.

Everyone had a great time. We are planning to have at least one and possibly two shoots next year, so hope to see everyone there.

Steve

Sorry I missed all the foofraa but my family came in for an early Fathers Day since they are going to Vegas next weekend. We did shoot a lot of 45ACP and caught some Bass.

Missed you. Sorry we can't handle your camper at the range, but the nearby campground is really excellent with 142 full service hookups and only fills up during the SEC Baseball championship. We had a big hamburger cookout there Saturday night.

First, Congratulations to Wayne for the fine win on a tough little range.
Next a big "Thanks" to you Steve, and your crew for putting this match together, and giving us a new range. I know that was a lot of work, and our hats are off to you!!

I to would like to echo the others in both congradulating Steve and his crew for putting on a well run first match and the Brocks Gap Training center for allowing the shoot to take place. I look forward to attending many more matches there in the future.
Congradulations also to the match winners Wayne, Scotty and Billy for good shooting in at times some strange conditions.

There were several first time shooters, I do not recall all their names, but it looked like they all enjoyed themselves and I bet we will see them again.
Of those first-timers I would like to especially congradulate Mike Neville who although in a wheel-chair and shooting a true Benchrest rifle for the first time hung in there admirably battling first time jitters, the steep hill and the weather to make a commendable showing.

"Hair in a biscuit" yea right, in looking at the last group of the last yardage looks like I choked on that biscuit.

I too would like to congratulate all the winners and a special thanks to Steve and his crew for a really great match. I am looking forward to many more matches at Brook Gaps in the future.

Very good match-- tough conditions

Im sure that everyone there enjoyed the match very much. Thanks to Darrel, Merrill, Eddie Bo, Ann and Steve and the other Steel City members that donated their services.

Huge Thanks to Steve Lee

Special Thanks to Steve Lee for his efforts to bring us another place to compete here in the SER. Brocks Gap very nice facility. Well worth the 600 mile trip . You would never have known it was their first registered match.

Thanks again to Steve and all of the local members who made it possible. Look forward to the possibility of multiple matches there next year.

Back