Vittavouri factory to close

This is Adam Braverman, Business and Sales Manager for Lapua and VihtaVuori in the USA. This is not true that VV powders will be discontinued and the factory closed down. There has been a down turn in the military market in Finland for powder, but the commercial reloading powders are doing quite well and will continue.

Thanks,

Adam

Hi folks

Just been told that vit / lapua is going to make an announcement around the end of June to close the whole Powder manufacturing operation down in December 2012. Souce is reliable and not speculation. I am told this is entirely due to reduce demand and order from the military. Very sad.....

"This is Adam Braverman, Business and Sales Manager for Lapua and VihtaVuori in the USA. This is not true that VV powders will be discontinued and the factory closed down. There has been a down turn in the military market in Finland for powder, but the commercial reloading powders are doing quite well and will continue.

Thanks,

Adam"

Londonhunter, you started this. Looks like it is time to name your source and explain why this rumor was started.

Hi a hunter friend who is also a stock analyst in Scandinavia
BTW it will be wonderful news if this is not going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Adam Braverman, Business and Sales Manager for Lapua and VihtaVuori in the USA. This is not true that VV powders will be discontinued and the factory closed down. There has been a down turn in the military market in Finland for powder, but the commercial reloading powders are doing quite well and will continue.

Thanks,

Adam

Good news Adam Thanks for clearing up the rumour.

A real life case of "chinese whispers" if ever there was one.:D

Politicians that tell lies???.....Who would have thought..
We have a bunch of them over here too.
I know when they are lying...their lips are moving.

All politicians must go to the same school then!

Good news Adam Thanks for clearing up the rumour.

A real life case of "chinese whispers" if ever there was one.:D

Further to what I posted previously, denied and poop pooped by My learned english friend ....

In the new today

Eurenco decided to sell VW operation.

Buyer are sought ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps

The people who accuse me of spreading false rumours should Do the decent thing and appogise

Perhaps

The people who accuse me of spreading false rumours should Do the decent thing and appogise

Ben what is there to apologise for? Your OP stated that VV were going to close the doors in Dec.

Hi folks

Just been told that vit / lapua is going to make an announcement around the end of June to close the whole Powder manufacturing operation down in December 2012. Souce is reliable and not speculation. I am told this is entirely due to reduce demand and order from the military.

yor second pot states that they have been put up for sale

Further to what I posted previously, denied and poop pooped by My learned english friend ....

In the new today

Eurenco decided to sell VW operation.

Buyer are sought ....

Two entirely differnt things.

And their US Business and Sale manager stated.

I stick to my chinese whispers comparison.

Irrelevant? I haven't even got there yet.....I'm still trying to make a connexion between VolksenWagen and Vihtavouri.....and the "sales" thereof...

???

Must be a "european thing" that us colonial bohunks just aren't capable of resolving. This AFTER recovering from the OP, and the statement of fact presented therein.

It's tough to be dumb, we have to work hard just to understand the questions

al

I don't understand what people get from spreading false rumors. Just like the Remington Factory Rep. that told a local gunshop that I deal with that they would have to buy two guns a year if they wanted to buy a gun from the Remington Custom Shop. I called Remington and found out that this was false then I told the gunshop. I would have ordered my next 40XB from them but another gunshop came up with a much better price. Now I wish I had checked with W. E. Sells Sporting Goods for a price for my previous orders! By the way, this is the same Rep. that when shown a Remington with rust on the barrel said that it wasn't rust but oxidation! What did he thing oxidation was???

I see that Ben has been asked on another forum to provide evidence of his information.

Got to love it when the details get conveniently left behind in order to get a wow factor. Maybe the starter of this thread is a writer for one of the supermarket tabloids, eh?

Back