MATCH WINNERS .163 - .147 - .152 - .164 - .113

SMALL GROUP GOES TO TOM LIBBY WITH THE .113

1ST- DENNIS THORNBURY .1994

2ND- LAWRENCE WEISDORN .2064

3RD- DAN CAPPS .2138

NOT ONE ZERO ALL DAY, I THINK THAT MIGHT BE A FIRST

SUN UNL 200 MORN

MATCH WINNERS .270 - .262 - .275 - .175 - .299

SMALL GROUP GOES TO DENNIS THORNBURY WITH THE .175 – THE ONLY SCREAMER FOR THE WEEKEND

1ST- JOE STANOVICH .1637

2ND- DENNIS THORNBURY .1755

3RD- MARTY CHILDERS .1813

SUN UNL 200 AFTERNOON

MATCH WINNERS .314 - .295 - .292 - .232 -213

SMALL GROUP GOES TO LAWRENCE WEISDORN WITH THE .213

1ST- LAWRENCE WEISDORN .1566

2ND- JOHN VERHAGEN .20136

3RD- GARY OCOCK .2028

UNL GRAND FIRST

1ST- LAWRENCE WEISDORN .1660

2ND- JOHN VERHAGEN .2136

3RD- GARY OCOCK .2254

UNL GRAND SECOND

1ST- DENNIS THORNBURY .1875

2ND- JOE STANOVICH .2016

3RD- LAWRENCE WEISDORN .2040

TWO GUN

1ST- LAWRENCE WEISDRN .1850

2ND- DENNIS THORNBURY .2190

3RD- JOHN VERHAGEN .2242

4TH- TOM LIBBY .2246

5TH- GARY OCOCK .2314

Winners Pic

JOHN VERHAGEN - MIKE SOSENKO - GEORGE LOZANO - DAN CAPPS - TOM LIBBY - LAWRENCE WEISDORN - DENNIS THORNBURY - JOE STANOVICH - MARTY CHILDERS

FULL RESULTS TO BIG TO ATTACH

DAN

Some pretty good shootin' there folks! I don't care what y'all were shooting...a teen agg for four guns at two yardages is impressive.

Last edited:
Some pretty good shootin' there folks! I don't care what y'all were shooting...a teen agg for four guns at two yardages is impressive.

Thanks Wilbur.

It was UNL 5 shot all weekend. It is a new shoot for Visalia that we are calling the Sniper King warmup. Rumor has it that there are around 14 shooters from California and Arizona that are going to invade Tacoma for the upcoming Sniper King competition.

LW's good shooting

BTW I’ve heard some grumblings the last few months about Lawrence’s use of electronic wind flags/meters. Well forget about it, LW did it the old fashioned way as his electronic flags weren’t working this weekend. I was told that Dirty Bird was at the range early Sat. morning with a hammer and super glue, helping LW fix the flags; no wonder they didn’t work.

Lawrence,
Outstanding performance! I understand that you were having flag problems. What percentage
of your record shots were taken without the aid of electronics? Also, do you have any
barrel, bullet, powder info that you would care to share?

Hello Gary.

I broke the USB plug in to the data logger for the electronic flags when I was setting up the system on Saturday morning. We shot all day Saturday without the computer. We tried soldering the the plug back in place Saturday night. We booted the system up Sunday morning, but apparently we didn't get things quite right as the system was showing a 3.5" push to the right in dead calm conditions. So we ended up also shooting all day Sunday without the computer. Having shot with the electronics has taught me how to read my wind flags much better.

Boyd had asked me about my load which was 29.55 gr. of N133 with Chuck Miller bullets .011" into the lands from just touching in the Krieger barrel that you chambered up for me last year.

Lawrence

Thanks for the information. I had not even considered what electronic flags could do for improving flag reading skills before you mentioned it. It would be interesting to see pictures of what the electronics interpreted as equivalent conditions.

Vertical

Also found the best way for getting vertical out of your group. Pay close attention to the 2nd flag!SAM_0333s.jpg

Last edited:
Very interesting. I may have to get creative and try to make something similar (minus the electronics) or call Rick Graham about one of his uppy downies.

The uppy downy flag is visual only and not hooked into the electronics.

Again, the way I shoot my system is to watch the flags and when I believe that my read of the condition is correct I glance down to the electronics to verify that my visual read is correct. If the electronics confirms that my visual read is correct, then I pull the trigger. If the electronics say that my visual is incorrect, then it is back up to the flags to fine tune my read of the condition.

I learned a long time ago that just watching the electronics and ignoring the flags made for some very ugly groups.

Back